PDA

View Full Version : To charge or not to charge?

sophia36
10-01-2012, 08:26 PM
I mind my friends child 3 mornings a week from 8.30am-1.30pm. She is a real dream to work for, is very appreciative, never late and always pays on time.

I collect her little girl from the school car park where she works as a teaching assistant. When i collect her my friend takes my 4 year old son into school with her where he plays with her son until 8.55 when school starts. I charge her for 5 hours but am wondering if i am doing the right thing as she is doing me a huge favour by taking my son into school and saving me the hassle of taking 3 little ones with me if i had to take him in myself.

I'm thinking maybe i should just charge her for 4.5 hours. i Would really appreciate a few opinions on what to do.

miffy
10-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Personally I would leave things as they are unless your friend has mentioned something?

You are doing her a favour too by collecting her child from her when she gets to work otherwise she would have to drop her child off at your home and then go to work.

It's nice to hear a positive report of working for friends - it's often a mine field.

Miffy xx

Twinkle-Toes
12-01-2012, 06:43 PM
I agree, if you are already charging her for the 5 hours and she pays and nothing has been mentioned i'd leave it as is :thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
12-01-2012, 09:13 PM
I would keep it as is if she is ahppy with it. I have a similar situation with a friends child, 3 days a week drop off and collection. But the other two days I just drive to my nans (who lives opposite the school) and she walks DS in for me... I charge a one hour fee for drop off and collection... I knocked £1 off each hour which I think she really appriciates

sophia36
14-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the great advice guys. I think i'll leave things as they are as she hasn't said anything. Also i don't charge her a retainer during the school holidays. :idea: