PDA

View Full Version : Am waiting

child_friendly
10-01-2012, 03:07 PM
I have done my first aid, submitted my cypop5 portfolio and just waiting for it to be marked, have sent Ofsted forms and CRB forms off all just before christmas so am waiting for the call from Ofsted and someone to visit me.
i have done a couple of my policies/ procedures i.e. accident & illness, behaviour, safeguarding and equal opportunities. Also i have started filling in the pre-reg booklet questions.
What else can i be doing?
Am i able to advertise at all?
One question i was going to ask in your setting where do you change a babies/toddlers nappy? I have been trying to come up with the best place in my house, but my bathroom is quite small and upstairs and the living is where the children will play and that isn't that big.
Was so excited at the beginning of the process and now i am kinda getting fed up of waiting, i know it takes a while but wish it would hurry up as am needing my business to take off quickly so i can help my family.

Thanx in advance
Jo

breezy
10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
It does take a long time, especially crbs, but its worth the wait!!!!!

Sounds like you're doing everything fine, you can advertise now, but obviously not take on children yet, but people look for childcare quite a bit in advance, well , most do!:laughing:

I change nappies in the bathroom,( my bathroom is downstairs) I think its more hygenic and private, but you must do what suits you and your setting.

afsha1810
12-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Hi

I posted mine and my husband's CRB forms around 14/12/11. I received my CRB disclosure on 28/12/11 and my husband's came through today :clapping:

I think with the CRB checks it really just depends on who is processing it and how quick they are. I was lucky with mine and am now just waiting for my certificate to come through.

Good luck with everything and most importantly don't give up, it'll be worth it in the end. :)

Afsha

Penny1959
12-01-2012, 04:36 PM
The wait always seems to take forever - nothing worse than having to wait and being unable to hurry things up.

You can advertise BUT you must state very clearly that you are not registered yet and will not take any children on until you are fully registered and insured. However nothing stopping prospective parents from coming to meet you.

Please be aware that some plasces won't let you advertise until you have your ofsted number.

Re where to change nappies I change mine on the floor (with a mat of course) where ever I am. My bathroom is upstair and if I went upstairs to charge every nappy I would be away from the children frequently and some times for 5 - 10 mins a time. I have also risk assessed and decided that at the moment it is too high a risk to take the 4 (mainly under 2's) up and down the stairs with me.

You have to decide what is the best option for you

Penny :)

miffy
12-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Good luck and hope you don't have to wait too long!

I usually change nappies in the bathroom (live in a bungalow) - I don't think there are any rules about where you change them except should not be in food prep areas.

Miffy xx