PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Shop

caza
20-05-2008, 04:00 PM
I have just been looking on the NCMA site at the things they have for sale on there. I saw the childminders file case for about £75 which contains stuff like attendance records, fire blanket, contracts etc. I just wondered if anyone on here has bought this pack before and is it worth buying?

I have also seen the books for sale on Sarah website and I'm pretty sure I will be investing on some of those sometime in the future ;) (Ihope!)

Caroline

katickles
20-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi Caroline

I have this pack. TBH it was a choice of this or MM as part of my start up grant. I realy like it & think its a great way of storing everything. So far i'm getting along just fine with all their paperwork to! :laughing:

caza
20-05-2008, 04:10 PM
I keep seeing people refer to MM. Sorry to sound stupid but who are MM and is their stuff any better or worse than NCMA stuff?

Caroline

deeb66
20-05-2008, 04:12 PM
I keep seeing people refer to MM. Sorry to sound stupid but who are MM and is their stuff any better or worse than NCMA stuff?

Caroline

Not stupid....sorry it is our fault as we automatically assume that everyone knows the abbreviations!

MM stands for Morton Michel

Here is the website

http://www.*****************/

I am with NCMA so don't really have the paperwork.......hopefully one of the others will help with that.

hbomb1
20-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi Caroline,

MM are Morton Michel. www.********************

They basically offer a similar package to that of NCMA.

:)

katickles
20-05-2008, 05:14 PM

Caroline

Sorry Caroline, my fault!

I have seen the MM paperwork & whereby the NCMA comes in sections that you can store in the file or where suits you - the MM pack is all in a ring binder. I seem to think that there public liability insurance is cheaper than NCMA. You MUST use NCMA contracts when having NCMAs public liability insurance but with MM you can use your own.

Personal preference i guess, there are planty of members on here with MM but like i say i'm NCMA & happy with them. :)

tulip0803
20-05-2008, 05:26 PM
A lot of areas include this "childminder's toolkit" in their grant. If your area gives a grant to new childminders you may receive one anyway. So don't buy anything until you know whether you get a grant and what it includes.

I always used to use the NCMA paperwork before and found them easy to use.

One good thing about re-registering (except the amount of time its taking:( ) is that I will get a toolkit as part of my grant:) .

Mrs M
24-05-2008, 12:48 PM
I use the paperwork that the NCMA toolkit provides but not the file that it's in as I keep everything in a locked filing cabinet. I've not seen MM paperwork but I can vouch for NCMA's being very easy to use. You can buy certain paperwork from Ebay as well. However, as the others have said, wait to see as I was given my toolkit which included the insurance plus I received a grant.
:)