PDA

View Full Version : how do you organise it all?

mammumof4
08-01-2012, 11:28 PM
so after sitting here under a pile of paperwork for the last 5 hours!! :blush:

i decided that because its a new year (and im just back from maternirty leave of 8 months :blush:) i should have a sort out.

so ive packed ALL my paperwork away (incase i should need to show ofsted,tax man ect in the future) and im starting again with a new system :eek:

just need some insperation and ideas please :cool:

so what system do you all have?
im thinking of storing my completed contracts and child record forms, attendance register, accident,incident,med folder and accounts book in my lockable file as i always have as that worked so why change :thumbsup:

but.. im thinking of having a BIG folder for everything else... sectioned off in the following ...
risk ass, inc fire practice and smoke alarm checks
planning.play & next steps
meal ideas
nutrition info
ofsted, SEF
my training, things i want to do next
tax, IR
blank forms (so contracts,child record forms,about me forms, parents questionairs, permission forms) all blank ready to use in individual folders so im ready for surprise enquiries :laughing:

what do you think? have i missed anything?

miffy
09-01-2012, 07:39 AM
My things are organised very similar to yours except I have planning separate to everything else as I tend to use this folder more often than the other Ofsted stuff.

I also always have one complete set of paperwork - contracts, permission forms, charges sheet etc - together in a file so that if I get a new parent enquiry everything I need and they have to fill in is in one place. I just make up another folder when that one has been used. It means I don't have lots of forms hanging about that might not get used.

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
09-01-2012, 09:47 AM
I have similar sections but I found one file was too big so I have separate ones.

Risk Assessments I include all my car and house insurance details, crb's, any info sheets I collect regarding health and safety.

Planning

Parent Feedback all my letters and cards collected over the years

Trips and Outings leaflets costs and I am gradually adding some photo of where we have been.

Training all certs form my 17 years! Training log which also shows future and continuing training like my Level 3

Self Evaluation SEF form and ongoing notes of any evaluation I have done or am doing.

Parent info Folder which has copy of my Ofsted Cert and Report, blank Contract and blank copies of all the forms and permissions I ask parents to sign, copy of all policies, complaints procedure, some info about EYFS and some NCMA info on why to choose home based care.

I also find this is an easier way to show prospective parents info when they visit. My folder was getting sooo big that they weren't really taking it in and there are some things that Ofsted and I need but the parents don't need to see. I also find it easier for me to manage because I dont have to wade through a massive file all the time.

I have the

NCMA Attendance Register

NCMA Accident and Incident Folder

NCMA Accounts Book

Safer Food, Better Business for Childminder's folder

EYFS Folder

The children's info goes in a metal lockable file box which during working hours sits on the table in the kitchen. Each child has a suspended file with their folder of Contract, permissions etc and their LJ Scrap Book and Development sheets. I have on file with a set of spare forms.

uf353432
09-01-2012, 10:57 AM
I have the following files:

funding (all things to do with accreditation for nursery free funding)
EYFS (the eyfs and anything related to it for quick reference)
ECAT (every child a talker - everything related to it)
Planning (short, medium and short term planning is filed in here) - current planning is on a wall in my dining room so I can add notes through the day/week - then filed every couple of weeks.
SEF Folder - everything about training, what I plan to do, why I did stuff, idea's for the future, what I do already, letters of recommendation etc.
Attendance register and visitors book
Folder on policies, procedures and any documentation a parent might want to see.
A folder for preschool contracts
a folder for 5-8yrs contracts
a folder for 8yrs+ contracts

Then I have my 8 Learning Journals - each child has a book, and 3 wallets with Ecat, EYFS and Next Steps all contained in a waterproof zip lock wallet.

My accident and incident and medication I do on a duplicate book which I carry with me all the time, the parent gets a copy and I put a copy in their personal folder.

All the rest of the forms I need (contracts, all about me etc, planning templates, new starter lists etc etc) are all stored on my laptop as templates - I have a dashboard which links to all the forms I need as hyperlinks - so if I need a contract - I simply go to the forms and templates button and then all my paperwork is there at the touch of a button. Its been such a help - because I'm not scrabbling around trying to find a form in a folder somewhere on my computer lol!

EmmaReed84
09-01-2012, 11:14 AM
I my my computer in tucked away in a neat corner of my living room. I have my portfolio, RA folder, Fire Safety folder, Attendance register and an activity folder all on the bottom shelf for easy reach.

I have a lock box which contains my childrens folders, contracts, my accounts folder anything else I feel should be locked away.

I also have a dressing room and in there is another cupboard with the thngs I dont know what to do with :blush:. I also have another lock box ready for my archiving files

mammumof4
11-01-2012, 01:05 PM
thank you for sharing :):)

well im still sitting under the pile! (although i have been to bed a few times and eaten some junk food inbetween)

right im off into town to buy folders,files,dividers,highlighters,sticky notes and anything else i think of on the way! :eek: