PDA

View Full Version : thinking of starting

aydinli1982
08-01-2012, 02:07 PM
hi, I've only just signed up but I'm thinking of becoming a childminder. I just want to know really what sort of questions ofsted would ask you at your interview when they come out to you? and also is there anywhere on the internet that you can research the answers for their questions? any info would be greatful recieved
thanks

breezy
09-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum, have a look round the starting childminding section, you'll find loads of info and any specific questions fire away!!:)

sarah707
10-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Have you done your pre-registration course yet? You should have lots of info from that to get you started!

Good luck with it all! :D

afsha1810
12-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum. This is a grest place to start as any questions you have can be answered. I got loads of help and am now nearly there with my registration just waiting for my certificate to come through.

Good luck :)

Afsha

toddlers896
12-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Hi
I had my pre reg visit from Ofsted last Friday and I was so nervous. It is absolutely fine, they are lovely. They are there to help you get started and they just ask you common sense questions about how you will look after and keep a child safe. Its not a test. I am so happy to be starting out on the childminding business and would say go for it. Dont let your Ofsted visit put yu off, honestly ime the worlds worst worrier and its no problem at all.4Good luck
Tracy