PDA

View Full Version : UNUSUAL NAMES ......

angeldelight
08-01-2012, 11:39 AM
I know we had a thread like this ages ago but .....

I heard that Beyonce has named her baby after a plant :eek: " Ivy Blue " a little girl

Do you know anyone with a unusual name?

Angel xx

PixiePetal
08-01-2012, 11:44 AM
plenty round here!

my fave was a few years back - 'Cello' like the instrument

Daffodil, Fuchsia, Zazzy, Squash (!) ............

Toothfairy
08-01-2012, 11:45 AM
My niece is called Araminta which I thought a bit unusual at first but i'm used to it now.

I also new a girl called Tallula Radulla once :rolleyes:

PixiePetal
08-01-2012, 11:48 AM
My niece is called Araminta which I thought a bit unusual at first but i'm used to it now.

I also new a girl called Tallula Radulla once :rolleyes:

we had an Araminta at toddlers - was called Minty!:laughing:

Mouse
08-01-2012, 11:50 AM
One of my sons was at school with a girl called Ghirl!

ajs
08-01-2012, 11:56 AM
When i Was nannying my friend looked after a Bogarde, named after a pack of Russian cigarettes mum had seen as she went into labour.

Mums name was nicky but she called herself Nike pretentious much

Velleity
08-01-2012, 11:56 AM
My friend has just named his son Fox. Not that unusual compared to some but the grandparents are horrified!

stardust
08-01-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't think Ivy is that unusual but ivy blue is but its not as bad as apple.

There were sisters harmony and melody
and a set of brother Cashe Banjo and Chillie!
The family I nannied for have a god son in america called Huck.

There is a family who live across the road who have called their son Jedi and their last name is knight!

Oh I also went to school with a girl who now has 2 boys Oakley and Henley her little girl is Brooke.

I don't get it do they not understand that school children are spiteful and this will give them something to pick on the child for?
Even celebs it doesn't matter to a child that 'mummy' had a multi-selling album. They will get bullied for the things they did like Britney and her break down and i feel for the children who will have videos of their parents jirating in song videos, blue toothed around school. I have been told that private school children can be worse than public school so I really feel for Katie and peter's children.

onceinabluemoon
08-01-2012, 12:45 PM
I think Oakley, Henley and Brooke are lovely names :)

My children have all got boring plain traditional names and yet all managed to get bullied none the less (except the youngest two who don't go to school). One even got bullied because I was fat! (Size 16!!!!- good thing the little brat can't see me now!)

I must admit I thought very carefully about my children's names, unlike another mother who had her child the same day as my eldest called it leticia (sp?) nowt wrong with that but her surname was Leaf and the nurses were already calling baby lettuce leaf so goodness knows what school kids would call it.

I once had a dream that I had twins called Amber and Dane - goodness knows where that came from but I still like the name Amber - good thing I never had a daughter really, lol

There is a child at my mindees school called scrumpy, thats his real name not a nickname and there's another called Tia (after the drink tia maria). Both lovely kids.

I'm sure we all think our choices of names are best though so I think live and let live and not be judgemental is best don't you?

stardust
08-01-2012, 01:30 PM
I think Oakley, Henley and Brooke are lovely names :)

My children have all got boring plain traditional names and yet all managed to get bullied none the less (except the youngest two who don't go to school). One even got bullied because I was fat! (Size 16!!!!- good thing the little brat can't see me now!)

I must admit I thought very carefully about my children's names, unlike another mother who had her child the same day as my eldest called it leticia (sp?) nowt wrong with that but her surname was Leaf and the nurses were already calling baby lettuce leaf so goodness knows what school kids would call it.

I once had a dream that I had twins called Amber and Dane - goodness knows where that came from but I still like the name Amber - good thing I never had a daughter really, lol

There is a child at my mindees school called scrumpy, thats his real name not a nickname and there's another called Tia (after the drink tia maria). Both lovely kids.

I'm sure we all think our choices of names are best though so I think live and let live and not be judgemental is best don't you?

What I ment was that children will find something to pick at and bullie over and that some parents make it easy for them. Some children who get bullied over one thing can easy get past it however when a child has an unusual name plus other things like being over weight, having parents from different countries, hair colour, speech they find it overwhelming and then things like eating disorders, commiting suicide ect happens - This is research proven btw.
Therefore parents can help by thinking about the impact of the child's name. I chose my son's name because he has an unusual last name and I couldn't find anything nasty that rhymed with it or any thing that could be picked out of it.
When I said about celeberaties the way their lives are broad casted and the way they are portrayed will be used against their child. Britney spears has already admitted that her son has been bullied by other children because of how public her breakdown was and now she tries to keep a low profile.
I was stating facts. I hope I have explained it simple enough for you not to take offence at such a simple un-directed comment.
Im not saying they are bad names just that they are unusual not common or traditional names. I like the name Brooke but would never call my child it.

Monkey26
08-01-2012, 01:36 PM
In my childcare career i have cared for many children with unusual names, here are those i can remember...

Hermione
Saxon
Loxley
Harper (she is now 3 so pre Beckhams baby although they do share the same birthday!!)
Jago
Ezra
Benedict
Leena & Sofia (twins)
Lucia & Sophia (twins)
Otillie (Ottie for short)
Tadius
Mahli (girl)
Mali (boy)

At one point i had 3 Joshua's on my books which was ok during term time as one was shortened to Josh but in the holidays it meant i had Big Josh, Little Josh and Joshua!!!

A childminder friend has an Oakley and a Logan.

My ex used to work in a school and told me that there were twins in one of the classes called Sunrise & Tequila... :eek:

xx

WibbleWobble
08-01-2012, 02:43 PM
my nephews are called

Cooper (family name)

and Howie.

They have friends called

Ibe (as heebee geebee)

Minty

and Vego....yes...Vego

Tor

Bara

they are all in the Hampstead heath/ dulwich village/ nottinghill areas....and very much the "types"

Phil calls them "scrabble names" - ie they are formed from the last tiles you cant use

WibbleWobble
08-01-2012, 02:49 PM
When i Was nannying my friend looked after a Bogarde, named after a pack of Russian cigarettes mum had seen as she went into labour.

Mums name was nicky but she called herself Nike pretentious much

classy.....there is a wayne and waynetta sketch where they are thinking about names

ideas are

Frogmella
Spud u lika (it sounds exotic)
and
Bensonandhedges

tee hee

christine e
08-01-2012, 03:09 PM
I was in our local children's centre about a year ago and a women there kept saying Smirnoff to her little boy - I had to go and ask the staff if that was his name because I really couldn't believe it and yes that is what he was called!

Speechless!

Cx

Ripeberry
08-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Innocent. Perfect name if you get into trouble

Beetlejuice
08-01-2012, 03:35 PM
When my DD1 was at nursery there was a girl called Heaven-Leigh!! Made me giggle.

Hebs
08-01-2012, 03:38 PM
sorry but i dont think Ivy is a bad name,
i'm named after a plant (but do hate it lol)

WibbleWobble
08-01-2012, 03:50 PM
when i was a nurse we had a patient (child) in called Candida (the name for thrush) and one calle Malleena (not same spelling but word means "black poo caused by a stomach ulcer bleeding"....nice!!!

ajs
08-01-2012, 04:02 PM
When my DD1 was at nursery there was a girl called Heaven-Leigh!! Made me giggle.

That is the name of the character in the books flowers in the attic

angeldelight
08-01-2012, 04:04 PM
sorry but i dont think Ivy is a bad name,
i'm named after a plant (but do hate it lol)

I don't think anyone else thinks Ivy is a bad name either.I have a friend called Ivy.In fact none of the names mentioned are bad .....just unusual ,some we like,some we don't.

The press are saying Ivy Blue is a plant and an unusual name .......so I thought it a good topic

Angel xx

angeldelight
08-01-2012, 04:05 PM
when i was a nurse we had a patient (child) in called Candida (the name for thrush) and one calle Malleena (not same spelling but word means "black poo caused by a stomach ulcer bleeding"....nice!!!

Now that is bad :laughing::laughing:how awful for the child

Angel xx

Hebs
08-01-2012, 04:18 PM
I don't think anyone else thinks Ivy is a bad name either.I have a friend called Ivy.In fact none of the names mentioned are bad .....just unusual ,some we like,some we don't.

The press are saying Ivy Blue is a plant and an unusual name .......so I thought it a good topic

Angel xx

yeah i know xx

onceinabluemoon
08-01-2012, 04:21 PM
What I ment was that children will find something to pick at and bullie over and that some parents make it easy for them. Some children who get bullied over one thing can easy get past it however when a child has an unusual name plus other things like being over weight, having parents from different countries, hair colour, speech they find it overwhelming and then things like eating disorders, commiting suicide ect happens - This is research proven btw.
Therefore parents can help by thinking about the impact of the child's name. I chose my son's name because he has an unusual last name and I couldn't find anything nasty that rhymed with it or any thing that could be picked out of it.
When I said about celeberaties the way their lives are broad casted and the way they are portrayed will be used against their child. Britney spears has already admitted that her son has been bullied by other children because of how public her breakdown was and now she tries to keep a low profile.
I was stating facts. I hope I have explained it simple enough for you not to take offence at such a simple un-directed comment.
Im not saying they are bad names just that they are unusual not common or traditional names. I like the name Brooke but would never call my child it.

Say what?

Ahem! I even put a smiley face in that comment so you would know I meant it nicely!!!!

I chose my son's name because he has an unusual last name and I couldn't find anything nasty that rhymed with it or any thing that could be picked out of it.

Your son will probably get called "Rhino" at school, two of my mates did and my nephew does and they all have the same name as your son and span 3 generations. Kids can always find something to make out of a name if they try hard enough and the Ryan/Rhino thing is really common.

Now think kind thoughts and don't get so stressed! :thumbsup:

Playmate
08-01-2012, 04:25 PM

Thanks parsley you have just bought back some horrendous memories for me ....oowww the smell :laughing:

We actually had a girl called Maleena in my nursing set, funny she didn't survive her 3 year training :rolleyes:

ajs
08-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Brooke in africaans means knickers, when my dd was being bullied by a girl called Brooke she retaliated by calling her knickers, she never had an bother from her again

Playmate
08-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Brooke in africaans means knickers, when my dd was being bullied by a girl called Brooke she retaliated by calling her knickers, she never had an bother from her again

love it :laughing:

Beetlejuice
08-01-2012, 04:43 PM

LOL we nearly called DD2 Brooke but when we asked 2 yr old DD1 if she could pronounce it she said 'Book' - not normally too bad but our DD1 is called Paige. COuld not have 'Paige' and 'Book'!! :laughing::laughing:

onceinabluemoon
08-01-2012, 04:50 PM

ew! I have just gone right off that name! Thanks!

I was thinking of a beautiful babbling brooke and now only have knickers in my head - wonderful! :laughing:

mum2two
08-01-2012, 05:38 PM
DD1 is called Nyah. Although that has become more popular now, and I've heard it a few times now. DD2 is called Temperance and I always get asked about it!

xx

ajs
08-01-2012, 05:43 PM
DD1 is called Nyah. Although that has become more popular now, and I've heard it a few times now. DD2 is called Temperance and I always get asked about it!

xx

They are beautiful if unusual names. Doesn't temperance traditionally mean dry as in no alcohol?
Do you shorten it?

gegele
08-01-2012, 05:48 PM

xx

are you a fan of BONES? temperance Brennan

I wanted name that were pronounced the same in french and english so DD is Lola and DS is Luca

after half a term in nursery DS came home and said "mummy just call me LucaS like my friend at school!":eek:

can't win

Natternic
08-01-2012, 06:07 PM
my nans name was IVY and her surname was Horsey not a good combo, bless her cottons she then married to become Ivy French.

My son is called Harley and when I had him someone in the same ward called their baby Lemon - I dont know if it was a girl or boy?

Bear23
08-01-2012, 06:34 PM
I look after a little girl, called rudi boo, love the name but can you imagine when she gets too school, i often call her rude for short now x

Beetlejuice
08-01-2012, 06:36 PM
I wanted name that were pronounced the same in french and english so DD is Lola and DS is Luca

after half a term in nursery DS came home and said "mummy just call me LucaS like my friend at school!":eek:

can't win

I know tell me about it. My DD1 is Paige as I wanted a name that you couldn't do anything with as I have a long name which is constantly shortened. Instead her friends started LENGTHENING it to PAIGEY :eek: Which I cannot stand:mad:

I soon stamped it out :laughing:

Playmate
08-01-2012, 07:05 PM
I know tell me about it. My DD1 is Paige as I wanted a name that you couldn't do anything with as I have a long name which is constantly shortened. Instead her friends started LENGTHENING it to PAIGEY :eek: Which I cannot stand:mad:

I soon stamped it out :laughing:

Tell me about it! I called my DD1 Bethan which is fairly common in Wales (I'm not welsh btw!) but not here. I wanted to shorten it to Beth, but she never has and I'm infuriated that many English feel it must be lengthend to Bethany.No offence to anyone who has called their daughter Bethany btw, I don't dislike its just not what I named her!

My youngest is Niamh; which gets all sorts of pronounciations and spellings, but I suppose thats what I get for giving her an Irish name. however she is very proud of it and being half Irish so thats fine :D

foxy lady
08-01-2012, 07:47 PM
our son is called Jaxon and would have been Willow if he was girl

WibbleWobble
08-01-2012, 08:00 PM
i called dd1 emily beatrice - 25 years ago. emily seems to have been a popularish name in the late 1980s but pre the princess beatrice was unheard of. i was told i was cruel for giving her an old ladies name.
DD2 is 20 this year and she is called katie alice...again aked why the old lady name.

i must admit now i wish i had called emily my original name eloise....i was a BIG damned fan.

if i had a little boy i would now call him something very old fashioned like albert or even Reg which was my wonderful grandfathers name.

i am unable to have any more babies....i went to the vets nearly 20 years ago and got "done".

good job eh?

francinejayne
08-01-2012, 08:17 PM
My daughter is called Blue Robyn Esme, and we are both appalled that Beyonce has stolen her name Blue!!! :laughing:

stardust
08-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Say what?

Ahem! I even put a smiley face in that comment so you would know I meant it nicely!!!!

Your son will probably get called "Rhino" at school, two of my mates did and my nephew does and they all have the same name as your son and span 3 generations. Kids can always find something to make out of a name if they try hard enough and the Ryan/Rhino thing is really common.

Now think kind thoughts and don't get so stressed! :thumbsup:

I didn't come across as ment in a nice way hence why i felt the need to comment back. I have worked in nursery's with about 8 Ryan's and know 2 Ryan's who are primary age and secondary age (met these after I called my so it) and none of them have been called Rhino but I will admit my other half has nicknamed him it and he now laugh's when he's called it so that if someone calls him it in school he wont be bothered by it.

lozzy23
08-01-2012, 08:20 PM
My grandparents thought very hard to give my mum a name that could not be shortened, they called her Fay (which I love). Unfortunately her surname was Glynn and at school they nicknamed her Fagin (nope you can't win).:laughing:

mushpea
08-01-2012, 08:29 PM
my daughter is called Beckie not unusual really but she is just Beckie on her birth cert not Rebecca, I once got called in to school because she was ignoring the teacher who, it turns out, kept calling her Rebecca, hm wonder why she was ignoring her then! I also called her this becasue i didnt want it to be shortend but now her friends call her Becks! which is horrible cause I hate beckham but she dont mind.
My son is called Mathew,, again not unusual but he only has one T in his name and the teachers can never get it right,, I had to complain that he would never learn to spell his name right if they couldnt!

littlesid
08-01-2012, 08:39 PM
I have a Joseph, Naomi, Zachary and Rachel...nothing especially unusual about any of them - although it does annoy me if people shorten their names (pet hate of mine lol)

Have known a few different names over the years...just a few that spring to mind.....
Honey
Jedidiah
Sonny
Mackeral (why????) (he was shortened to Mack)

Hebs
08-01-2012, 08:44 PM
I know a boy who is now about 6 called Snowball :panic:

and a boy my son used to go to school with is called Craze :rolleyes: but strangely he really suits it :laughing:

Babycat
08-01-2012, 08:47 PM
LOL we nearly called DD2 Brooke but when we asked 2 yr old DD1 if she could pronounce it she said 'Book' - not normally too bad but our DD1 is called Paige. COuld not have 'Paige' and 'Book'!! :laughing::laughing:

LOL nearly wet myself!! x

PixiePetal
08-01-2012, 08:51 PM
my daughter is called Beckie not unusual really but she is just Beckie on her birth cert not Rebecca, I once got called in to school because she was ignoring the teacher who, it turns out, kept calling her Rebecca, hm wonder why she was ignoring her then! I also called her this becasue i didnt want it to be shortend but now her friends call her Becks! which is horrible cause I hate beckham but she dont mind.
My son is called Mathew,, again not unusual but he only has one T in his name and the teachers can never get it right,, I had to complain that he would never learn to spell his name right if they couldnt!

I had a friend at school many moons ago :rolleyes: called Cathy - just Cathy not Catherine. Took a long while for teachers to get it right

My children are Daisy and Toby as I wanted names which could not be shortened - well they get called Daze and Tobe/Tobs but that would never be written. My mum gave us all names which could be shortened if we wanted - all of us use our shortened names :D

I like a lot of the 'different' names as long as they go with surname and once you get used to them they all sound 'normal' when you have said it a few hundred times!

snufflepuff
08-01-2012, 08:53 PM
DD1 is called Nyah. Although that has become more popular now, and I've heard it a few times now.

I have never heard of that name before, it's beautiful!

I look after a little boy called Eden- a fairly popular name now but everyone always comments that they thought it was a girls name. Really suits him though.

I once cared for a 'Maisie Daisy Bluebell'

Also Jago, Beatrice, Jonty, Florianna, Marlon, Lilith (shortened to Lily and her surname was Flower.)

Zoomie
08-01-2012, 09:23 PM
I have a friend whose children are called Paige, Tyla, Bree, Broc and Cam.

My children all have 'traditional' names but my boys both have their dad's name first name as their second name.

Beetlejuice
08-01-2012, 09:54 PM
My youngest DD is called Anya - but pronounced to rhyme with banana. Since she was about 8 months old she's been known as Anya Banana - or now even just Banana :blush: I'm sure when we are out and about people think I'm trying to be some trendy Gwyneth Paltrow type when I call out 'Banana' to get her attention :D The funny thing is that she started trampolining classes today and there is another Anya (sounds the way it's spelled) and to differentiate them her teacher calls my DD Miss Banana :thumbsup:

tulip0803
08-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Tell me about it! I called my DD1 Bethan which is fairly common in Wales (I'm not welsh btw!) but not here. I wanted to shorten it to Beth, but she never has and I'm infuriated that many English feel it must be lengthend to Bethany.No offence to anyone who has called their daughter Bethany btw, I don't dislike its just not what I named her!

I have the opposite problem - I live in Wales (not Welsh) and DD1 is called Eliza-Bethany and she is always called Eliza-Bethan by other people. She was called that as a compromise I wanted Bethany and DH wanted Elizabeth. She is 14 so before Bethany became relatively common.

rachelle
08-01-2012, 10:14 PM
I taught a jeronimo and a sonny-jack Frost (thoes are the parent's spellings not mine!)

I did once have 2 Harleys in my class, one girl, one boy. never had one since!

tulip0803
08-01-2012, 10:15 PM
ohhhh post duplicated!

tulip0803
08-01-2012, 10:15 PM
i must admit now i wish i had called emily my original name eloise....i was a BIG damned fan.

DD2 has Eloise as a middle name as I loved the song - couldn't have it as a first name because the similarity to DD1's Eliza

squiggle
08-01-2012, 10:23 PM
my dd is called Lacey - she likes it until she can't get anything with her name on and will sometimes say why couldn't i have been called emily? you can get things with that name on.

One of my dd's friends goes to a different school and there are twins called benson and hedges!

Milly-Molly-Mandy
08-01-2012, 10:37 PM
ever since I was nine I've liked the name Tamsin so dd1 is Tamsin and dd2 is Eloise as I quite liked Ellie but knew quite a lot of Ellies and Eloise was a bit more unusual.

loocyloo
08-01-2012, 10:41 PM
i knew twins called fifi & lulu !!! i met their nanny in the park and i thought she was calling some poodles until these 2 girls ran up !! :laughing:

mum2two
09-01-2012, 04:54 AM
are you a fan of BONES? temperance Brennan

can't win

Yes - that's where we got it from. Had no idea for a girls name and when we heard it - both looked at each other. My mum hates it! Well did...

And yes ajs - there was a temperance society for alcoholism!

But looking into it - it is a very old traditional English name. Oh - and she does get called Tempe for short. Although I hate shortening names but she can't say Temperance yet!

x

mama2three
09-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Im not a fan of old traditional names at all , and really dislike the current trend for Alfies and Arnies and Freddies. I would even prefer the full 'Arnold'!
But the joy with names is that we are all different , and the huge range of names is wonderful , i hate having a common name . Ds2 was going to be Keir , until someone said he might get called Keir the Queer at school. To this day i wish Id ignored them and called him it - he got boring Kyle instead!! DS3 is Quinn. I hope there arent too many others out there - id like him to have a fairly unique but not 'silly' name.

little chickee
09-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Im not a fan of old traditional names at all , and really dislike the current trend for Alfies and Arnies and Freddies. I would even prefer the full 'Arnold'!
But the joy with names is that we are all different , and the huge range of names is wonderful , i hate having a common name . Ds2 was going to be Keir , until someone said he might get called Keir the Queer at school. To this day i wish Id ignored them and called him it - he got boring Kyle instead!! DS3 is Quinn. I hope there arent too many others out there - id like him to have a fairly unique but not 'silly' name.

I wanted to call my 2nd son Quinn but i live in north east scotland where the "nickname" for a girl is a quinne (pronounced to sound like rhinne) so hubby wouldnt allow it. The nickname for a boy is "loon"!! His name is Macaulay.

ajs
09-01-2012, 12:16 PM

I love your name, but I am very traditional when it comes to names. Dh wanted Madeleine for our youngest and I refused said it was too unusual ( it was 17 yrs ago) and she would get called Mad. Wish we had now and Mad would have suited her. :laughing:

All of mine have traditional Victorian names, we tried with more modern names when I was pregnant with each of them, like ds was going to be Elliott but as soon as he was born we changed it.

Oh and there's a Quinn at mindees school but other then yours he's the only other Quinn I've ever met.

Tinglesnark
09-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Angel, the news reported that the baby was "Ivy blue" but in fact she is "Blue Ivy" ;)

I like it, love the name Blue - i like the word though - it is one of those words that i enjoy looking at and pronouncing :laughing: i have a few of those...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Temperance! what a beautiful name! That has shot to number one on my girls names list, except that ds1 has already chosen Rosie and will not be budged...

Temperance Edwards...a mouthful and a half but oh i love it!

I was always kristen pissten :huh:

or O-lang-utan :huh:

really, if someone is going to take the rise out of you, they will do it for any reason and if they cant find one, they will take great delight in making it up :laughing:

oh a few others - Noddy because i always had rosy cheeks and recently after a visit to a Monkey sanctuary, Dusky Langur as my maiden name is Lang...

see what i mean??

im also; christian, kirsty, crystal, kris oh and my MIL calls me "chrisjun" :huh:

even people that see my name on fb or an email will still spell my name kIrsten rather than KRisten...

lol

dette
09-01-2012, 01:22 PM
In my DS school is a child called paige ..lovely name but not when her surname is turner.
my sister taught a boy called tom bollar ..won him in a raffle i presume :)
my aunty is joan jones.sometimes a surname changes it totaly

gegele
09-01-2012, 01:55 PM
my mum wanted me to put a - between DD first and middle name so she would have had a long first name : Lola-Rose and i said "no it always going to be shorten as Lola so may as well call her Lola and use Rose a middle name....... I call her Lola-Rose 75% of the time!!! same with DS i often use his middle name or i call the Lo and Lu LOL!!!:laughing::clapping:

SamBaker
09-01-2012, 02:00 PM
One of my daughters friends names is Peroni and her sister Corona

Toothfairy
09-01-2012, 02:08 PM
My 3rd DD is called Tilly.
I loved the name Matilda but thought we would always shorten it to Tilly, so called her Tilly instead.
14 years on and her nick name is Matilda :D

I should have just called her that in the beginning !!!

I love the old fashion names, I have nieces and nephews called Charlie, Freddie, Harry, Ruby, Evelyn, Connie to name but a few :D

amirose
09-01-2012, 02:23 PM
My friend is trying for a baby and loved the name Holly, its out of the question though as the surname is Wood :laughing:

Tealady
09-01-2012, 08:11 PM
My friend is trying for a baby and loved the name Holly, its out of the question though as the surname is Wood :laughing:

My DD's a "Holly" and when we were picking names for baby number 2 we both liked Robyn/Robin for a boy or girl, however that wouldn't be a good idea either. Had a boy and named him Adam

Beetlejuice
09-01-2012, 11:01 PM
At our local stay and play today I met a little girl called Meadow!! :eek:

Ali56
09-01-2012, 11:27 PM
That is the name of the character in the books flowers in the attic

I loved those books!!! :laughing::laughing:

Most unusual names that I know of at the moment are Atticus and Marius, brothers and best friends of little boys I look after. Another one went up to school last year his name is Gus, short for Augustus! All nice boys though!

breezy
10-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Friend who is pregnant loves the name Michael, but wont use it as her surname is Owen!
Ds friend has a brother Jack whose surname is Daniels:laughing:

Graham
10-01-2012, 12:05 PM
DS3 is Quinn. I hope there arent too many others out there - id like him to have a fairly unique but not 'silly' name.

Our grandson is called Quinn.

mama2three
10-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Our grandson is called Quinn.

Ah now thats fine , youre almost royalty ! just no riff raff Quinns please:D

LOOPYLISA
10-01-2012, 12:42 PM
I know a Blaze :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
10-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Few more I have met - Breeze, Ocean and Calypso :)

Graham
10-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Ah now thats fine , youre almost royalty ! just no riff raff Quinns please:D

Almost royalty LOL. :laughing:

Quinn wouldn't have been our choice for a name but now we can't imagine him being called anything else. :)