PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding

mrsmaggy
07-01-2012, 02:52 PM
I need to add something into my safeguarding policy about if someone turns up to collect whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs, can anyone please help?

sarah707
07-01-2012, 04:34 PM
We were sent a statement from the Local Authority - you should check to see if they have one.

It says that you will hold onto the child so that s/he is kept safe and make every effort to ring emergency contacts so they can come and collect the child.

you have to be very careful - there is a fine line between putting the child's needs first and someone accusing you of refusing to hand over / kidnapping their child so you need to word it sensitively.

hth :D

mrsmaggy
07-01-2012, 04:45 PM
We were sent a statement from the Local Authority - you should check to see if they have one.

It says that you will hold onto the child so that s/he is kept safe and make every effort to ring emergency contacts so they can come and collect the child.

you have to be very careful - there is a fine line between putting the child's needs first and someone accusing you of refusing to hand over / kidnapping their child so you need to word it sensitively.

hth :D

Oh great, might leave it out then but kinowing my luck after my last awful inspection it will be something she asks about...:angry:

Penny1959
07-01-2012, 05:05 PM
I do not have a specific mention to this - I feel it is covered by the overarching opening sentence about aleways putting the needs of the children first - and that I follow the guidelines issued by local safeguarding board / early years service.(where it says in these extreme situations you should call the police.)

Penny :)