PDA

View Full Version : LJ and indivdual files????

Natternic
07-01-2012, 08:39 AM
i have individual learning journey (scrapbook) which has photos, and little observations in and artwork. I link these to the EYFS by colour coding them
I also have a individual file with baseline assessment, planned observation, next steps and follow on activities.

My question is should i be putting all the above in the same folder??? Ive done it seperate becos I think it will be nice for the child to look back at mainly photos and snippets of their time, not reams of typed plans and notes.
What does anyone else do?

I have a seperate planning folder for the whole setting.
Ive only just started and trying to decide what to do is a mission in itself.

boxtree7
07-01-2012, 08:53 AM
I put all the child's work into one folder. I purchased sarahs ebook and pulled out the bits that I was prepared to cover - This helped me put a learning journal in place and i new what is expected to be done each month. I printed my 12 months paper work for each child and write up the jounal weekly and 1 picture ob per month. It is mind boggling but once its in a order its easier and more appealing to complete.

miffy
07-01-2012, 09:04 AM
I put everything in the same folder otherwise I'd have too many folders! I have the child's learning journey at the front then file divider with planning behind that - I feel parent can always take those bits out if they don't want them.

Miffyxx.

sarah707
07-01-2012, 02:16 PM
I have one folder per child filed monthly. I include a lot of photos and pictures done by the children which hopefully breaks up the writing bit as parents aren't interested in that, but like browsing the pics :D

zippy
07-01-2012, 09:56 PM
I have two, i do one like you do with pics and notes in and a few links, this acts as a memory book when they leave me then and is very child friendly, then i have another with the development matters sheets in which i date and link bacck to first folder when they achieveing the statements. Works well for me, theres no set way to do it, do what works for you.

zippy
07-01-2012, 09:57 PM
i should probably add my obs and nexts steps etc are in first folder, just assesment grids in second