PDA

View Full Version : Inspection next week - panic stations!

pinklady756
07-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Have a couple of things I need to check with those who know!!

Firstly if I only have the name of surgery not specific gp as parent doesn't know gp (their's left), is that ok?

Have one child where Mum said Dad not involved at all and she didn't provide any details about him whatsover, is this ok? He's obviously not known to me and will never collect child etc.

Any help gratefully received.
Thanks

Pandypops
07-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi - I would think a GP surgery would suffice as you would be able to take him to any doctor there, but someone else may be able to confirm this.

I have a Parental Responsibility form which outlines exactly who has parental responsibility and this covers the second point. I have this in addition to what is on the Contract and the Child Record form that I ask to be filled in at the start date.

I can send you a copy if you don't have one and want to have a look (PM me)......

sarah707
07-01-2012, 02:13 PM
I just have a surgery name and number - it doesn't matter who they see once they get there usually.

If the parent is not known to you then you can't record the details. It's not worth worrying about or mentioning on inspection day.

Good luck! :D

pinklady756
07-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Thank you both, that puts my mind at rest.

Come up with something else to worry about.

Re: working with other settings, I have reception age child since Sept after school one day a week for 2-2.5 hrs. I've found it really difficult to work with the school, sent a letter but that was ignored and I've only really managed to get a couple of bits of info from talking to whoever is on the door, activities that day and star if the week. I don't know what ofsted will say about this, in my council sef equivalent I have written about wanting to build on this, look at other ways to share info, especially as I'll be looking after my niece in same class soon and will be there every day.

Inspection caught me off guard a bit, not been registered for 5 months yet, so still feel like I'm finding my feet. A friend registered 3 months earlier than me and hasn't had hers yet, thought mine would be ages away based on that. Doh!

sarah707
07-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Instead of focussing on what hasn't happened you need to big up the positives!

You have shared information about yourself with school (show the letter)... you are informed when the child is star of the day and celebrate it at your house... you have asked for information about the reading scheme used and you help him with his books... you support him by helping with his homework... you talk about school and follow interests by looking things up on the computer or reading books... you work on his independence skills to help him with coping...

Hth :D

pinklady756
07-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks Sarah, that's brilliant!!

I think I need to change my mindset as I am being too negative and worrying about what I haven't done.

pinklady756
09-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Another quick question please!!

I childmind 2 nieces and nephews please tell me I don't need parental permission slips for them.