PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE GET A HOME MADE LOW FAT SOUP THAT I CAN TRY?

angeldelight
06-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Anyone ?

I want some soups

Different ones if you have any

Angel xx

The Juggler
06-01-2012, 10:23 PM
butternut squash and apple - yummy - have a google - loads of recipes.

chicken and veg

spice them up a bit with coriander and chile - yummy

just avoid anything with potatoes, cream or cheese :)

nikki thomson
06-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi, I have a really yummy one, this serves 2 adults.
One large sweet potato, one large leek, four handfuls of spinich and a pint of chicken or veg stock (I use knorr stock cubes x 2), cut the potato and leeks up put in a pot with spinich and stock, bring to boil and simmer for 8 mins and then blend, it's so delicious, you can add a swirl of cream when it's cooked but it's just as nice without.
You have to get past the colour as its dark green and looks awful but trust me its so nice, the kids love it too and it's really filling. Xx

Blemblem
06-01-2012, 10:36 PM
That sound really nice. I will make some the weekend too.:laughing:

Mouse
07-01-2012, 12:09 AM
I make a leek and mushroom soup. I cook them with garlic in a little water, then drain them, blend some of it and leave some in lumps, then add a blob of extra low fat mayo.

loocyloo
07-01-2012, 12:17 AM
i do mushroom, onion, carrot, tomato, celery and usually lettuce ( as always got some in the fridge :rolleyes:) with a veg stock, garlic & chilli! i chop the veg very small and leave them in a clear stock. yum!

VeggieSausage
07-01-2012, 08:05 AM
i do mushroom, onion, carrot, tomato, celery and usually lettuce ( as always got some in the fridge :rolleyes:) with a veg stock, garlic & chilli! i chop the veg very small and leave them in a clear stock. yum!

yum yum, I do one similar to this and also add in noodles or peppers or anythign else I have in the fridge. What about lentil and vegetable too .....

Toothfairy
07-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Here are a few yummy Weight Watchers soups :thumbsup:

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=7019332
http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=7015522
http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=7008702
http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=7018892

muffins
07-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Chicken noodle soup- Small chicken chunks, bacon pieces (fat removed before chopping), choppped carrot & onion, ane noodles all boiled in chicken stock! I like to use the baby/toddler chicken stock you get in the baby sections as it has far less salt!:D

sillysausage
07-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Tomato and carrot soup (with no added fat)

1 onion finely chopped
3 carrots finely chopped or grated
2 tins of plum tomatoes (I buy the tins of whole tomatoes and chop/mash them myself as cheaper)
seasoning/stock cube

'Fry' the onion in a little water until soft. Add the stock cube, carrots and tomatoes and simmer until the. Blitz to smooth consistency and adjust seasoning.
I like to serve it with a bit of grated cheese or parmesan sprinkled over.

PixiePetal
07-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Curried Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup

a WW recipe from ages ago that I love but adapt

1lb sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic. crushed
1 tblsp medium curry powder
1.5 pints veg stock
1.75 oz red split lentils
s+p

Place everything except s+p in large pan and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins, stirring from time to time

process till smooth

warm through and season to taste

I add loads of chopped carrots too which are free on WW. Recipe used to be 8 points for the lot on the old WW system - can be worked out for new one :thumbsup:

I love this soup, freezes well so make this batch and freeze. Can make it hotter too

ORKSIE
07-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Wow...these all sound fab.

I have tried to make soup in the past, but it turned out like gravy:laughing::laughing:

x

LOOPYLISA
07-01-2012, 01:15 PM
They sound yum :thumbsup:

I tried making leek soup ages ago, it went in the bin :laughing: going to try again though lol

dette
07-01-2012, 01:23 PM
My own recipe ..FENNEL and PARSNIP

2 medium parsnip ,chopped up into small chunks
2 carrots chopped into small chunks
1 fennel quartered lengthways then sliced
3 spring onions chopped small
2 cloves of garlic crushed
a small sprinkle of crushed dried chilli
veg stock pot (or cube )
salt and pepper
Put carrots ,parsnip spring onion garlic chilli and fennel into a panwith a little squirt of spray oil and "fry" for a couple of mins .
add water and veg stock.brill to boil then simmer until veg is tender
season to taste.
apparently this is restaurant quality :)