PDA

View Full Version : First Driving lesson today

maisiemog
06-01-2012, 10:14 AM
I have finally got around to it! Been saying I'm going to do it since I started minding but now I have a preschool pick up I need to be driving! So...first lesson this afternoon! Going to be learning in an automatic though as I have zero coordination and want to do it as quickly as possible!

Already booked my theory test for next month and hoping that I can have passed my practical by the summer!

My sister just started lessons as well and I want to be driving before her! Just need to start saving for a car now!

Pipsqueak
06-01-2012, 10:18 AM
well done you for taking that step - you will be fine.

a trick is don't suffer along with an instructor you aren't comfortable with.
relax and remember - EVERYone was a learner once over

good luck and enjoy

EmmaReed84
06-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Good luck. I passed my driving test in Nov 2010 and it is honestly the best thing I have ever done... I could not be without a car now.

Hope your first lesson goes well... You will have to tell us how it went lol

LOOPYLISA
06-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Best thing i ever done, 10 years ago omg :eek:

I had 2 instructors before i found the right one, good luck x :thumbsup:

maisiemog
06-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Well both my instructor and myself survived my lesson! It wasnt as difficult as I expected it to be but I know it'll probably be the summer before I am truly ready for my test!!!

And whats more is I absolutely loved it! Literally cannot wait to have my own car and be more independent! Wonder if I can claim lessons as a business expense as CMing is the main reason for me learning....cant be doing with catching the bus with a double buggy!

Mollymop
06-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Glad you enjoyed it. You are braver than me! x

sarah707
06-01-2012, 05:37 PM
I love the independence of just getting in the car when I want to pop somewhere without waiting for buses or relying on someone else.

Enjoy your lessons! :D

kellib
06-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Well done :)

I need to sort lessons out, my Grandparents promised to pay for the first block as part of birthday present back in October and I still haven't done anything about it!

I think my 6 year old is looking forward to me being able to drive more than I am :laughing:

Carol M
06-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Well done :clapping:
I can't imagine life without my car:laughing:
Carol xx

stardust
06-01-2012, 08:09 PM
woop! well done.
My advice is keep going no matter if you fail it took me 4 times to pass my test.
too close to parked cars
too far away from parked cars
speeding :blush: It was a 20 and i was doing 25 thinking it was a 30!
Then i had a panic attack and burst into tears infront of my examinior and he passed me- maybe he felt sorry for me.....