PDA

View Full Version : DHC UNIT 2

elaineg
20-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Can someone give me some pointers on question A on DHC Unit 2.

Consider how recent and relevant research in relation to children's rights has affected practice. Positive and negative effects need to be explored.

The only thing I can think of is Jamie's School Dinners, but I know what he did and how, but does anyone know the reason WHY he decided to change the dinners. My friend thinks it may have something to do with turkey twizzlers!!!

Or did anyone do some different research, any suggestions please.

love Elaine XXX

Kelly
20-05-2008, 11:32 AM
What about smacking, there is such a debate around to smack or not to smack and there is plenty of childrens act and every child matters stuff you could use as references.

Kelly

sarah707
20-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Children's rights could be related to the UN convention on the right of the child... loads of info from Unicef :D

http://www.unicef.org/crc/

jaja
20-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi I am also struggling on this one, but i found on the nec website another person had done about the 10 year stratagy, linking into sure start centers and leading in eyfs.

Or she said try googling the lambing report.

I am going crackers with this cache assignment at the mo xxxxx

elaineg
20-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Whats the 10 yer strategy, that sounds a bit more interesting but Ive never heard of it. also what is the nec website.

thanks Elaine XX

jaja
21-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Hi Elaine

If you look on this http://www.surestart.gov.uk/aboutsurestart/about/strategy/ it will explain about the ten year strategy.

I am doing my Diploma through the National Extension College so they have a web forum where you can ask questions, how are doing yours?

Hope this helps

jen

xxx

elaineg
21-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi thanks Ill take a look. Im doing my one day a week at college. Have done units 3 and 4 and found them OK, but struggling a bit with this one, not sure if im on the right track or not.

love Elaine XXX