PDA

View Full Version : who keeps daily diary once full?

Libby08
05-01-2012, 08:45 AM
I only have a few pages left in each full time childs daily diary.
When I start a new book do I need to keep the old one or do I give it to the parent?
I have my own work diary in which all the same info is written (meals, sleeps, nappies etc) so I can refer to that if anything ever came up.
Does ofsted expect me to keep them or give them to the parents? (or does this really not matter?)
Thanks in advance!

AliceK
05-01-2012, 10:05 AM
I keep them until the child leaves me and then I pass them on to parents. I like to keep everything relating to a currently minded child so that Ofsted can see them.

xxxx

Chimps Childminding
05-01-2012, 06:48 PM
I do a Daily diary for babies for the first 12 months or so. Once I start putting more in their learning journal, I put the diary in there. I use A4 files with plastic pockets and just slip the diary into one of the pockets!

green puppy
05-01-2012, 07:12 PM
I keep them until the child leaves me and then I pass them on to parents. I like to keep everything relating to a currently minded child so that Ofsted can see them.

xxxx

I keep them too so that I can look back and check things etc...

christine e
05-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Once full I give to parents and start a new one - I do a daily diary until child either leaves or starts full time school

Cx

miss mopple
05-01-2012, 08:31 PM
I give them straight to parents- cant be doing with keeping everything!

Maza
05-01-2012, 09:04 PM
I give them to parents too. My house is full to bursting with paperwork so can't be keeping any more! If I was expecting Ofsted I might keep hold of a full one, just until I had enough evidence in a new diary to show them.

Mouse
05-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I give them to parents as soon as they are full. If ofsted were due I may ask parents to let me have the old ones back to show.

curly
12-01-2012, 11:09 PM
I used to give them to parents but now keep hold of them until the child reaches the end of the EYFS as that is when I pass their folder onto parents, (I then start a scrapbook for them) I have had siblings and thought it would have been nice to reminicse (?sp) as to what the parent had to say about the older child in comparison to baby at the same age.

miffy
13-01-2012, 07:45 AM
I do my daily diaries on loose leaf sheets then put them in the child's learning journey.

Miffy xx

christine e
13-01-2012, 07:48 AM
I give them to parents as soon as they are full. If ofsted were due I may ask parents to let me have the old ones back to show.

Me too

Cx

Chimps Childminding
14-01-2012, 10:36 AM

I doubt most of my parents would still have them :(

Mouse
14-01-2012, 11:15 AM
I doubt most of my parents would still have them :(

That is a shame. I'm lucky in that all my parents treasure them. I recently had a lo start with me. I'd looked after her brother until 18mths ago and mum turned up with his old diary. There was still quite a lot of space in it and she thought it would be nice if I carried on with it for her daughter.
Some children are on to their third one now and I know parents have kept all the old ones.

Tiamarie
16-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Does a register have to be signed by parents with the hours that they have done??
I find this a real hassle because most of the time the parents do not have time to sign each time and just want to rush off!!!!!