PDA

View Full Version : WIND

rickysmiths
03-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Oh how I hate the wind. thank goodness dh doesn't go back to school until tomorrow. He and ds are in the garden trying to prop up our fence which has almost blown over :panic:

We do live at the top of the hill and always catch the wind but in the 7yrs we have been here I have never seen the wind and rain we have up here at the moment. :eek:

I only have one lo here today, he is 2.5 and is running between the playroom and dining room French door which overlook the back garden saying 'rain! rain!' Its rained so hard it has come in under the back door!

PixiePetal
03-01-2012, 12:16 PM
our house is detached and it is windy here at the best of times - I am alone in the house with howling in the chimneys, sash windows rattling and looking at the front path which is like a river :eek:

The lane is under water so I am glad I do not need to go out - felt sorry for my 2 walking up there to catch bus to school/college though :(

AliceK
03-01-2012, 12:17 PM
We have a little fence which seperates the dogs garden from the rest of the garden. That blew down about an hour ago. I've just been out to try and temporarily fix it but I can't so the dog's going to have a great time with the full run of the garden today :laughing:

xxxx

rickysmiths
03-01-2012, 12:27 PM
It was really bad isn't it. Now the big tree at the end of the garden is hardly moving and the rain has all but stopped!

dh and ds with the aid of our neighbour have managed to save our fence for now but it will need some serious attention.

uf353432
03-01-2012, 12:42 PM
we've had such strong winds here its brought down 2 tree's causing bedlam on the village roads. I don't mind the wind so much - its being woken at 5am by howling winds and struggling to get back off to sleep which makes me grrr! lol!

Mouse
03-01-2012, 12:43 PM
It seems to have quietened down a bit here at the moment.

It was blowing a gale first thing, then the rain started. Torrential!

The sun is actually out now & we have a light breeze. I'll venture to the bottom of the garden later to see what the damage is.

EmmaReed84
03-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I live ona hill and our garden is large and slopes downhill. My nieghbour has a MASSIVE tree in his garden and when I say massive I mean massive, I could furnish my entire house with this one tree.

We moan about it in the summer because it blocks a big portion of our view but our neight refuses to cut it down. He said if it is cut down it would end up causing big floods because the tree soaks up alot of the water fall... So today I am thankful for that tree!! lol

rickysmiths
03-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Some blue sky is showing now. :clapping::clapping:

AliceK
03-01-2012, 01:29 PM
We now have some blue sky and some sun. I'm going to venture out to the shops in a minute, OH came home at lunchtime and has fixed the dogs fence so no fun for puppy today, he hasn't got to play in the "big" garden :laughing:

xxxx

jane5
03-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Really windy here too.

It has blown the roof off my little tykes house which has landed in my nasty neighbours garden :panic:

I should have had 1 mindee today which I was a bit gutted because the others are not back until tomorrow, but mum text this morning saying he was ill so not coming :clapping: I am not happy that he is ill but glad of an extra day off ;)

So no play group for me today, my dd and I are sat all snuggled up on the sofa watching James and the giant peach :D

Bananabrain
03-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I hate it too, it gives me really bad belly ache:laughing: Since I've been a veggie it's been doubly bad:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Seriously though Ricky, weather alarmingly bad here today [I'm not far from you] Thanked my lucky stars it was 'insect day' so no school runs 'til tomorrow.