PDA

View Full Version : Holiday policy

Julia
02-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Hi guys
It's been a while since I've been on this site but always great to get advice from people in the same situation as me

Basically I've been childminding for 7 years, during this time I've been taking only 2 weeks off a year ( Easter and Xmas) and charging 1/2 fees, I do this as I feel that I'm providing a service by not taking 5 weeks off like most other childminders in the area

This year I've been so tired that I haven't been able to enjoy Christmas and feel that if I don't get more holiday time I'm going to put myself in hospital, I mean 36 weeks without a break! No fun:(

So I've been thinking taking 4 weeks off set each year plus 5 floating days and not charging anything for my holidays? What do you guys do??

miffy
02-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I have two weeks paid holiday a year and I charge parents in full for their holidays. I usually have at least another 3 weeks unpaid holiday myself every year.

I think you're right to change things so you have more time off, I know I'm always ready for my holidays!

Miffyxx

sarah707
03-01-2012, 06:19 PM
I have about 3 weeks off a year - 2 for holidays and 1 for Christmas.

However I take Fridays off so I get a long weekend every week which makes a huge difference.

I hope you can sort it out :D

EmmaReed84
03-01-2012, 06:44 PM
I have 4 weeks unpaid holiday, I work out the annual cost of their contract, minus my 4 weeks and divide it by 12 that way I get my holiday and dont drop in my money

zoe2010
03-01-2012, 07:18 PM
I have 4 wks unpaid holiday per year as im unavailable to work i charge full pay if my mindees take holiday as im available although i try to give notice for all my holidays at the start of the year so parents can book holiday the same time as me.

The Juggler
03-01-2012, 09:59 PM
I have about 3 weeks off a year - 2 for holidays and 1 for Christmas.

However I take Fridays off so I get a long weekend every week which makes a huge difference.

I hope you can sort it out :D

i'm the same. Previously I worked only taking of 2 weeks summer and xmas bank hols. nearly killed me. now I take xmas week, 2 weeks in summer and now only work 3 days in the school hols (might be 2 this year :clapping::clapping:). take the time off - you need it :)

wendywu
03-01-2012, 10:35 PM
[
QUOTE=zoe2010;1030616]I have 4 wks unpaid holiday per year as im unavailable to work i charge full pay if my mindees take holiday as im available although i try to give notice for all my holidays at the start of the year so parents can book holiday the same time as me.

[/QUOTE]

Im the same as this although i take 5 weeks unpaid. I sort my holidays out a year in advance. So my parents are quite happy to get this time with their children and not have to pay me. :)