PDA

View Full Version : Herman the German!

Tealady
02-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Just been given a "Herman the German Friendship Cake". It's a really lovely idea. I hate chain letters normally but this is done in a nice way and with food! So who would not like that :)

Has anybody else had / done one of these? If so, it is "cake" like or more like a bread? What did you put in yours?

I'd start one of with the mindees but they are very little so wouldn't really get it.

Just got to think who to give the mixture out to next.

RainbowMum
02-01-2012, 10:30 PM
I was given one at the start of December - had never heard of it before! I followed the instructions although one day I forgot to stir lol! It made a really nice fruit cake :D

miffy
02-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Herman arrived at my house this evening too, maybe we have the same friend! Lol

I had not heard of it until the friend who gave it me told me about it. I have tried some of the cake and it was very nice.

Stil not sure I want to care for it for 10 days though! Might see if the mindees want to do it though.

Miffy xx

Zoomie
02-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Herman has been to my house twice now.

It is lovely with cream cheese spread on it.

Second time, I got some of my mindees to help stir it every day and then I gave it to their mums :thumbsup:

mama2three
03-01-2012, 09:16 AM
The cake is really yummy , we mixed some chopped pear in with ours - makes it lovely and sweet and moist. Im not a baker at all so it must be fairly foolproof!!

breezy
03-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Never heard of it, I must have the wrong friends !!!!!!!

marian
03-01-2012, 09:46 AM
We have had lots of Hermans over the last year - I gave all my mindees their own - and most gave one back too! For a while i was over run!!:laughing:

Herman has his own facebook page too!!!

Marian x

rickysmiths
03-01-2012, 10:01 AM
My sister in law and I were talking about this last week! We have both had these cakes over the years but not one recently. They are yummy so if anyone has one near sw herts I'd love a new one.

Chimps Childminding
03-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I have had Herman over a couple of times lately. Added dried fruit, chopped walnuts and chopped apple to mine, it was delicious!!!