PDA

View Full Version : PERMISSION FORM

Sarahbelle
02-01-2012, 12:14 PM
I am currently reviewing all my paperwork and have decided to put all parental permissions on to one form so that parents only have to sign once at the bottom.

I was wondering if anyone could share theirs so that I can see an example, I am really struggling with wording it as all my permission currently are very wordy as they are all on a separate piece of paper. I want to make it concise but don't want to miss anything important.

Thanks.

rickysmiths
02-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi I have one sheet, well it goes onto two but only needs one signature at the end!

I just list all the things I want permission for so:

Go on outings locally and further afield (eg into London), travelling on foot, by public transport or by taxi as appropriate, with or without prior notice.

To travel by car using appropriate restraints and to wear reins when out walking.

To use large outdoor play equipment and soft play areas subject to suitable Risk Assessments being made.

To have ongoing observations made and recorded by the childminder to follow and assess my child's development, to fulfil the requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework, and in order to support the childminder's professional development. These may be in the form of written statements, photographs, audio or video recording. My child may also appear in the records relating to other children in my care.

To be in the sole care of my registered assistant, xxx xxxxx, should the need arise.

To have suncream applied by the childminder or her registered assistant. The suncream will be provided by me and will be appropriate protection for my childs skin (the recommended minimum is SPF30). Should appropriate suncream not be provided by me, I accept that the childminder may supply the appropriate protection, should the need arise.

To have nappies changed and nappy cream applied by the childminder or her registered assistant.

Have sticking plasters applied should the need arise.

To receive first aid treatment should the need arise.

To be bathed should the need arise.

To be put to sleep in a bed, cot, sofa, buggy or car seat, appropriate to their age and development.

To be supervised by other professionals for brief periods (eg on an outing, a fellow childminder might look after your child whilst I take another child to the toilet).

I give consent for the childminder or her registered assistant.......

To seek any necessary emergency medical advise or treatment for my child in the future (Ref: EYFS Statutory Framework, May 2008, p23)

To share records and information about my child with other professionals when appropriate.

I have read and received a copy of this Consent Form

I have read and received a copy of the Complaints Procedure

I then list all my Policies with the sentence:

I have read, agree to and received a copy of the Childminding Policies document containing the Policies listed below.

At the very end I have the following paragraph:

The consents, policies and procedures are subject to annual review. The date of the next review is shown below. (It is written in by the signature at the bottom of the form) They may be reviewed earlier should the need arise due to changes in circumstances, Ofsted regulations or legislation. Your comments and feedback are always welcome.

Hope this helps.

Sarahbelle
02-01-2012, 01:37 PM
That's really good Rickysmith. I started listing permissions earlier and there are a few things there I haven't thought of. Thank you so much for sharing. Will crack on with the form. Think I might need to amend some policies to make sure I have covered everything.

Thank you once again.:thumbsup:

The Juggler
02-01-2012, 02:42 PM
i do the same as ricky :)

maisiemog
04-01-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm in the process of reviewing all my paperwork to reduce it! Had never thought of doing it this way before! Will defo be doing it this way from now onwards!

Thank You!!

RPS CHILDMINDIN
17-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am updating all my paper work at present, I have read your post saying all your permissions only require one signature at the end I recently asked my QIP about doing this as this was a couple of points that parents had asked on questinaire I had last sent out, they said that I could not do this they had to all be signed individual.

Also how many permissions and what for?
Does any one have any to share?

rickysmiths
17-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am updating all my paper work at present, I have read your post saying all your permissions only require one signature at the end I recently asked my QIP about doing this as this was a couple of points that parents had asked on questinaire I had last sent out, they said that I could not do this they had to all be signed individual.

Also how many permissions and what for?
Does any one have any to share?

Sorry but that is rubbish. I have an 8 page document with a one signature signing sheet. I did it because as the number of Policies i had grew the longer it took when Contracts were signed for the poor parents to sign everything.

I have now has 3 Ofsted Inspections, all Goods with some areas of outstanding and not one of the inspectors has pulled me up for doing it the way I do.

lynnfi
18-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Thank you for sharing Kickysmiths. I have just one more on my list, stating that the parents have seen my ofsted certificate.:rolleyes:
Len

rickysmiths
18-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Thank you for sharing Kickysmiths. I have just one more on my list, stating that the parents have seen my ofsted certificate.:rolleyes:
Len

Yes I do that separately at present because I give my parents a copy of it and of my insurance cert each year.

I have had so many Variations recently, 2 this year already I have been thinking I will add it to the main list and just say that they have seen the current one and any further up dates will displayed on the board in my setting.