PDA

View Full Version : WEEK ONE OF OUR DIET OR GENERALLY CUTTING DOWN.

angeldelight
02-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Week one :panic:

Well I officially start my diet tomorrow but I know some of you are starting today.

I'm not on a duet as such just really cutting down and doing away with picking and having comfort snacks etc.

I need to lose about twenty stone,well ok not that much but a few anyway

I feel like a hippo :laughing:

So what diet are you all doing or are you cutting down like myself?

Good luck everyone :clapping:

Angel xxx

sue m
02-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I really need to cut down and change my eating habits. I eat cakes and biscuits or crackers and dip most of the day and then have an unhealthy meal in the evening. I'm honestly not sure I can do it. If I don't buy biscuits and cakes, I have no idea what to eat instead and that sounds ridiculous but it's true. I'm not a big fruit eater and you can't compare rice cakes to a chocolate biscuit so I'm 13st and a teeny bit :o now so I'll probably end up putting it on and not losing AGAIN this year.

What are you going to have instead of comfort snacks Angel?

xxx

Playmate
02-01-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm cutting down on my portion sizes and generally replacing the unhealthy food for more healthy options. I'm not a great lover of fruit but want to try different ways to introduce more into my diet. I will increase my veg intake too, but slowly, not all at once. Have cereal instead of toast (because I like butter)during the week.

I don't actually know what I weigh and don't want to! I will take one step and one day at a time and hopefully how I feel will be the indicator of whether its working :D

angeldelight
02-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Good luck Sue....hope your ok xx

I am not sure what to have for comfort,it's the evenings that are worse for me,I could starve all day but in the evenings I eat and eat I probably eat more than I would have all day if I had eaten properly in the first place :laughing:

I will set grapes I'm not really into fruit or veg so it makes it more difficult.

A few years ago I lost four stone but it was sheer determination

I have to make sure I do not buy anything that tempts me,I will buy the family things I don't like.

The first two weeks are defiantly the worse Sue,I can't tell you how many times I've started a diet on a Monday and by the Wednesday I am no longer on it :laughing:

You have to switch off from food,it's not just about eating something better it's getting yourself occupied and thinking slim slim slim :laughing:

The first few weeks you think of food all the time,even things you don't like much you fancy ha ha

Crikey I sound a right little expert......I obviously need to follow my own advice :laughing::laughing:

Angel xxx

angeldelight
02-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Playmate I'm like that I have no idea what I weigh...just think of an hippo and you can't go far wrong :laughing:

I used to pop on and off the scales all the time and it can make you feel so unhappy if you have had a good week,I don't even own scales these days

I want to feel good and happy,I don't care what I weigh at the end of it.

Good luck for your first week

Angel xxx

Penny1959
02-01-2012, 11:32 AM
As I am not on a diet - I don't have a starting date.

I do have scales - but I know that during the day / month my weigh goes up and down - so I NEVER take notice of the scales - just use them to see if general going up or down (if that makes sense)

However EVERY 3 months I have to see the diabetic nurse and she weighs me and records it on a graph - she also says my weight out loud - so no pretending I don't know :panic:

So just cutting down - but also changing eating habits and what eat when as I have found eating late at night does not suit me at all.

Penny :)

FussyElmo
02-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Well i have just steered the kids towards oranges instead of chocolate - go me-still got a cupboard rammed full of it :rolleyes:

Not too mention the trifle in the fridge and the advocaat cake (made with 5 eggs) I made yesterday.

And now Im lying here being very idle thinking Im going to make pork pies (at least I dont like them)

Am considering joining slimming world on the grounds if I pay for it then I might get motivated :)

sandy64
02-01-2012, 12:16 PM
well its party day today im cooking a big meal now guests arriving soon then buffet later the idea is to get rid of all party bits /chocs/bics/nuts then tommorrow start a fresh im going to start by cutting out on biscuits and high cal food this week then do a healthy shop on sat with low cal lots of fruit and veg and will go from there but need lots of help pppplllleeeeeease as need to lose 4 stone:blush:

miss mopple
02-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Ive started :thumbsup:

When I dieted before I lost just over 2st following Tesco diets. I'm using their principles again but going it alone.I have only put half a stone back on but didnt get to goal so I have a stone to shift. I refuse to pay for it now as I know its just about good choices. I am tracking on my fitness pal to make sure I stay in calorie allowances. I feel better for it already and its only day 2!

The biggie for me is drinking enough water. I drink loads of coffee so need to switch that out for water instead.

DH and I have declared January booze free too and that will help no end I'm sure :clapping:

Keeping busy is key- I am rifting the playroom ready for tomorrow to avoid thinking about food :laughing:

Good luck everyone!

Zoomie
02-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Well my WW meeting start back Tues night, so Tuesday will be my official start, though I have cut back. We have finally got rid of all the chocolate and biscuit tins.

I have put about 5lbs on this Xmas and had about 6lbs to go before Xmas, so got about 11lbs to go to goal.

Concentrating on upping my proteins and cutting down on my carbs and have recently discovered poached eggs on a bed of spinach :)

Hoping I get to goal by the end of February.

The Juggler
02-01-2012, 02:31 PM
the xmas chocs thing is mad. we hardly bought any - well a few things for the kdis but we've ended up with tins of sweets, the kids have a carrier bag full each, I have tins of biscuits - where did it all come from.

the unopened ones are being put away for summer fayre raffle prizes (I checked the dates) and the kids are eating the rest but might have to indulge in a few celebrations before they all disappear :laughing:

suem, it's far better to have more to eat during the day hon, if you hate fruit what about a slice of ham? or make a big pot of thick veggie soup (go easy on the potatoes/lentils) and just snack on a cup of that when you are hungry, just pour and pop in the micro. Then have a big but healthy meal in the evening, some meat/fish, lots of veggies or salad and a small portion of carbs. It does work.

good luck everyone :thumbsup:

butterfly
02-01-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm cutting out snacks - the trouble is i don't like fruit (I know!! don't shout at me!!) or anyhting that i give the children as healthy snacks really so i end up having a biscuit or chocolate bar etc! I'm def stopping doing that!

I may try low fat yoghurt as a snack if it gets really bad - anyone got any other ideas for healthy but nice snacks?

sue m
02-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I've been out in Leicester all day, only just got home.

Don't like soup Juggler...... I don't hate fruit, I will have banana and grapes and the odd orange but it's not like having a chocolate biscuit is it? :o:blush: Still, if I want to lose weight, that's what needs to be done. I have biscuits for breakfast too. :eek: I've got some honey nut cornflakes which I love so will try and have them instead.

I'm not a fish eater - unless it's from the chippy - but I quite fancy trying some fish. I've been looking at recipes for that. Don't know how to cook it cos I never eat it. :blush: I can do the ham happily enough and love chicken. I really need to stop buying the biscuits and sweet things and then they're not here to tempt me. x

RainbowMum
02-01-2012, 06:32 PM
We've been over Mum's for a family do today so have had a last blow out and am ready to start tomorrow :)

I shall be having Natural yogurt and fruit for brekkie (not low fat as the normal one is less than 5% fat anyway and so much nicer!)

Weetabix for lunch (keeps me regular :blush:)

And a normal meal at tea time

Fruit or nuts for snacks as and when needed

I want to lose 4st but will take it a day ay a time - having cut out alcohol completely last year I am expecting to find it easier than in the past :)

miss mopple
02-01-2012, 07:19 PM
For healthy snacks I have:

sugar free jelly
nuts and seeds
rice cakes
grapes
carrot/cucumber sticks
ryvitas and marmite
popcorn (plain)
skinny cow lollies :thumbsup:

Beetlejuice
02-01-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm taking it a day at a time. I have an eating disorder and I'm mad with myself after losing 2.5 stone a couple of years ago I've put 3 back on :(. I'm off on holiday in 5 weeks time and I would like to weigh less than I do now - or I won't have any clothes to wear on holiday lol. Not a pretty sight for the inlaws who we are visiting :laughing: I need to lose around 4.5 stone but that's going to be a long slog.

I started today so I know what I weigh. I had a food shop ordered and it's all healthy stuff, no junk so we will see how I get on. I'm only working one day this week :rolleyes: so intend to go to the gym or go swimming on my days off and I'm booked in to go back to my old pilates class next Monday evening.

Fingers crossed we can all do it! :thumbsup:

mayberry
03-01-2012, 06:23 AM
I have been weighed, put on more than I thought :eek: need to stay focused one day at a time..... Healthier eating from now on. I have 2 wedding this year and going to be a Nana sorry if you have read this already.... just a little existed, very positive year for me this should help :jump for joy:

stay focused everyone :thumbsup:

Dawn xxx

Becci26
03-01-2012, 06:56 AM
Hi,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in too. I am not going with a 'diet' as such more changing to a healthier lifestyle - just over a year ago I met with a nutritionist that sorted a plan for me, it is good but very very strict and I fell off the wagon big time after losing almost 2 stone. So I will be using the priciples of that but not to the same extent.

Mainly I will be cutting out alcohol and rubbish food and upping the gym sessions and zumba!

I have about 2 stone to lose in time for my first wedding dress fitting in early June.

mama2three
03-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Im a bit of a picker too , so i do try and have healthy things in the fridge to stop me attacking the biscuits! I do like fruit - but also find popcorn , carrot , raisins , wafer thin chicken , prawns are handy to pick on.
I got to goal with ww last year which means I can still go and weigh without needing to pay. I set my goal weight above what I would ideally like to be but didnt want to pay any longer than i had to! Will probably go and weigh in tomorrow and then start to cut out the rubbish Ive been filling my face with!

charleyfarley
03-01-2012, 09:07 AM
I shall be going back to WW again next weeks after a couple of months break due to one thing or another. Thankfully I haven't put any weight on, pure fluke and not because I followed the plan :D but at the same time I haven't lost any weight in that time either.

Really need to step it up now as it's only 8 months till Florida and I want to be slim :thumbsup:

Good luck everyone, we can do it :thumbsup:

Carol xxx

The Juggler
03-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Well i have just steered the kids towards oranges instead of chocolate - go me-still got a cupboard rammed full of it :rolleyes:

Not too mention the trifle in the fridge and the advocaat cake (made with 5 eggs) I made yesterday.

And now Im lying here being very idle thinking Im going to make pork pies (at least I dont like them)

Am considering joining slimming world on the grounds if I pay for it then I might get motivated :)

fussy I think you need to pretend you can't bake or cook, - you make such yummy stuff - then the diet will be easy :laughing:

Trouble
03-01-2012, 04:23 PM
i was going to join you all but i have bought new pants recently and i had to get a size smaller, so i thought i would weigh myself i have lost a stone:eek::eek::eek: no change in diet just stress i think ?:D

The Juggler
03-01-2012, 04:33 PM
i was going to join you all but i have bought new pants recently and i had to get a size smaller, so i thought i would weigh myself i have lost a stone:eek::eek::eek: no change in diet just stress i think ?:D

oh honey, that is not good to lose that much without trying even. get some blood tests just to be sure and take up yoga :) even if you don't diet make sure you are eating properly xx

Trouble
03-01-2012, 04:40 PM
i think its cause i drag the dog out too much:laughing::laughing: not today its not nice outside !

FussyElmo
03-01-2012, 07:37 PM
fussy I think you need to pretend you can't bake or cook, - you make such yummy stuff - then the diet will be easy :laughing:

Im terrible and I have created monsters in the children if we dont try a new recipe every couple of days they get withdrawal symptoms :laughing::laughing::laughing:

And the worse of it even the pork pies were nice :blush::blush:but thats just me :)

miss mopple
03-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Well Ive been brave and bought Davinas latest workout dvd and OMG it was so exhausting :eek:

Next time I'll get off the sofa and actually join in :laughing:

Only kidding- I did the full half hr cardio workout and am now soooo sweaty :eek:Rather proud of myself though, although I have learned I have no co ordination whatsoever :laughing: Now to avoid stuffing my face with rubbish as a reward :laughing:

lozzy23
03-01-2012, 08:29 PM
I am not dieting, going to have smaller portions at my main evening meal, I am from a family where we have to clear our plates, so need to dish up a smaller portion for myself. I don't drink alcohol or sugary drinks, but I love cakes, biscuits and chocolate, so need to cut back on those.

More exercise needed, dusting off that zumba DVD and Wii dance. Good Luck everyone- I am going to focus on my holiday in June to Thassos to keep me on track:)

jane5
03-01-2012, 10:28 PM
I went to ww tonight, I have put on 2 1/2 pounds over christmas so I need to get back on track.

I have been going for months but I mess about and lose a couple of pounds then put it back on the next week.

I have a family wedding coming up and I have booked my holiday today so I need to focus and stop nibbling in the evening...... Oh and I have just booked a boot camp course starting on Saturday :eek::eek::eek: This was before this bad weather started :panic:

devoncm
05-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Well Monday I joind sw group as online i caved after reaching my club 10. I weighed in at 11st 8 so bit more than what i thought and aiming to get to 10 before my holiday in may, struggling a littlle bit as kids still got selection boxes in cupboard, i do try not to open it cos thats all i can see lol, and trying to potty train Grace so its easier to grab something quick and easy to eat, I cook the same stuff as before really but with a few changes, like my spagbol i always used jars for the easyness but now use all ved and instead of milk (syn or healthy extra) i use fat free yoghurt to mash potatoes, im able to eat pretty much what i want but it seems to be the syn food im wanting, hopefully ill get better as i go along, as long as ive lost when i on monday thats the main thing hey,
I do need to push myself with the exercise to be honest:D

ajs
05-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Lost 1lb which doesn't sound much but I have eaten everything over Christmas and didn't restart my diet properly until Monday, need to lose .5 or more next week as am determined not to pay for classes again. My aim is to lose an other 6lb to take me to 10 stone which is a comfortable weight for me

Good luck everyone.

Let us know how your weight loss goes

Oh and hubby and I have booked a cruise around the Caribbean for November and I really want to be slim when I go and not worried about enjoying myself while I am away. So really must keep this weight off

mama2three
05-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Lost 1lb which doesn't sound much but I have eaten everything over Christmas and didn't restart my diet properly until Monday, need to lose .5 or more next week as am determined not to pay for classes again. My aim is to lose an other 6lb to take me to 10 stone which is a comfortable weight for me

Good luck everyone.

Oh and hubby and I have booked a cruise around the Caribbean for November and I really want to be slim when I go and not worried about enjoying myself while I am away. So really must keep this weight off

Ooh wish i was going on a cruise! On second thoughts though I could get sea sick in the bath!!
My diet started on Tuesday , but keep eating biscuits and chocolates before i realise what Im doing! Oh dear - may have to eat them all this weekend and start again on Monday. Whats the betting Ill still be 'starting again on Monday' at Easter!

Trouble
05-01-2012, 07:27 PM

Good luck everyone.

sounds fab xx:clapping:

maisiemog
05-01-2012, 07:39 PM
I've started cutting down today! Still have soooo much junk in the house at the moment though!!!

I have no choice but lose weight now! I need to have got my BMI under 30 by the middle of June! At the moment thats a heck of a lot of weight to lose! Im not gonna do it but would like to be as close as possible!

Gonna have to sew my mouth shut I think!!!!

angeldelight
06-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Hope everyone is doing ok

I am starving and dreading the weekend :laughing:

Angel xx

ajs
07-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Ooh wish i was going on a cruise! On second thoughts though I could get sea sick in the bath!!
My diet started on Tuesday , but keep eating biscuits and chocolates before i realise what Im doing! Oh dear - may have to eat them all this weekend and start again on Monday. Whats the betting Ill still be 'starting again on Monday' at Easter!

It is an half century present to ourselves. We are paying for it monthly so its not too painful.

Not thought about seasickness Eeeek I don't usually like water

The Juggler
07-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Hope everyone is doing ok

I am starving and dreading the weekend :laughing:

Angel xx

oh hon, you mustn't be starving that's the road to failure with any diet. find something 'free' or very low fat and fill up on that and drink lots. melon and apples are really good filllers (especially apples). if you don't like them raw, make up some apple puree and eat it cold with a little natural yoghurt - lovely :D

sandy64
07-01-2012, 01:24 PM
well got to be honest with you guys started each day well until:blush:night time and as weve got chocs left i had:panic: to have them sorry, but there gone now just done huge shop in fact fridge barely closes with all the healthy fruit and veg got ww soups ec now gunna sit down and plan for a good week i hope thiis dieting is so hard but im going florida in march so need to do it wii fits oming out today take care x:)

devoncm
09-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Well ive cut down- following sw but my syns have been high though not over limit, just feel like ive not lost-will find out tonight though when i go get weighed, fingers crossed ive lost something

amanda1309
09-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Well ive cut down- following sw but my syns have been high though not over limit, just feel like ive not lost-will find out tonight though when i go get weighed, fingers crossed ive lost something

That's exactly how I felt and I lost 4 this week:clapping:

Good luck for tonight :)

mama2three
09-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Oh dear..its Monday. Have eaten far too much including a snickers and half a scone. Maybe next monday then!:blush:

Playmate
09-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Thought i would just check in to let you know I have stuck to my healthy eating this week and been to the gym twice.I Resisted the urge to weigh myself even though Mick put the scales in the bathroom (I hid them back in the cupboard;)). I feel so much better in myself already, have not taken any meds for my IBS or indigestion all week :D

Got quite a few things to aim for now, we have our HQS presentation on 29th March (so photographs :panic:), mum and dads goldern wedding in april and a holiday booked in Greece for July. So lots to keep me motivated :D

Keep going everyone :clapping:

sandy64
09-01-2012, 06:43 PM
well started very well im doing ww had a fab day feeling confident now to succeed hope your all doing well:)

mayberry
09-01-2012, 08:54 PM
that's 3lb off for me.. :) pleased with that.
Dawn x

angeldelight
09-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Please post in week 2 to let us know how you are doing

Angel xx