PDA

View Full Version : New laptop

kellib
02-01-2012, 09:04 AM
I've had to go out and buy a new laptop as my old one completely died on me the other night, can I claim it, or at least part of the cost, as expenses?

rickysmiths
02-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Yes you can. You claim all all the percentage of childminding use. I sympathise mine dies just before Christmas. We have been looking in the sales. Out of interest what have you got and how much did it cost and what sort of speck does it have?

kellib
02-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Yes you can. You claim all all the percentage of childminding use. I sympathise mine dies just before Christmas. We have been looking in the sales. Out of interest what have you got and how much did it cost and what sort of speck does it have?

I got this one - http://www.johnlewis.com/231395873/Product.aspx was £399 when I got it.

jojobell
02-01-2012, 06:44 PM
aww fanatasic news!!! mines about to go........... its telling me i have 9 critical errors now and the hard drive is failing............ lol im crap with pcs so just waiting for it to die really!

claire bear 72
02-01-2012, 07:49 PM
my laptop died just before xmas was gutted.......:eek: luckily for me id been saving some cash for a new one eventually thank goodness!!:laughing: not good timing i suppose but i got a great deal at curry's!!!:thumbsup:

MrAnchovy
02-01-2012, 09:35 PM
This is not an expense though, it is an asset that you claim through Annual Investment Allowance.

kellib
03-01-2012, 02:50 PM
This is not an expense though, it is an asset that you claim through Annual Investment Allowance.

So I cant put it on my weekly expense sheet?

sweets
03-01-2012, 03:28 PM
I did and would again if i ever have to buy another.

MrAnchovy
04-01-2012, 12:59 PM
So I cant put it on my weekly expense sheet?

You can put whatever you want on your weekly expense sheets, (you don't even have to have a weekly sheet, just a long list will do) as long as at the end of the year everything goes in the right place on the tax return - there are only three boxes to fill in on the tax return (unless you are doing something unusual e.g. claiming capital allowances for car expenses instead of mileage), Total Income, Total Expenses (which includes wear and tear allowance) and Annual Investment Allowance.