PDA

View Full Version : Most Effective Way To Sell Things

Tealady
31-12-2011, 03:47 PM
We have two children, one boy & one girl, 2yrs & 6yrs so we have loads of stuff we no longer want or need. Some of it I will keep for Childminding but as they are the only littlies in our extended family they have been somewhat spoiled so we have too much too keep.

We are going to have a go at selling it and see where we get and then what doesn't go will be going to the charity shop.

What do you find is the best way to sell things... e-bay, car boot, gum-tree?

and any advise of the best way to sell would be appriciated.

Thanks

Mouse
31-12-2011, 03:58 PM
In the run up to Christmas I sold a lot of stuff on local facebook selling pages. It's quick (often I'd put a photo on & whatever it was would be collected within the hour). I checked the prices I was selling for against what they sold for on Ebay & very often found I could get more through the FB pages.

Netmums is also a good place to sell.

I have considered a carboot sale, but know that you don't get very much for the things you sell. People really do want your things for next to nothing.

Ebay is good for some things, but you need to watch out for all their fees and paypal fees. It really does knock your profit down.

miss mopple
31-12-2011, 06:21 PM
I agree with Facebook. We have a couple of local groups and Ive sold loads that way :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
31-12-2011, 07:20 PM
As above :thumbsup:

Monkey26
31-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I sell a lot of things on fb local pages these days. Larger items i sell on gumtree, netmums or advertise in local newsagent windows. I also do at least one carboot between april and october each year; its a good way to get rid of all the little bits or the stuff your not too worried about how much you get for! Haven't sold on ebay for over a year now as got fed up with all the fees. HAPPY 2012 xx

Eddisonsmum
01-01-2012, 09:28 AM
I've bought and sold on local fb pages like facebay. You could try it first as it wont cost you anything, then anything that doesnt sell you can pop on ebay perhaps.

ajs
01-01-2012, 09:38 AM
I sell lots on amazon, it's not a quikturn around but you can get a good price for stuff

Tealady
01-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Didn't realise you could sell via Facebook. Will look into that.

Thanks for your help.