PDA

View Full Version : Saturday evenings

ManicMum
31-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Hello. I have a new mindee. I gave parent a fee rundown and said Saturdays are time and a half, as are evenings between 6 and 8pm for weekdays. I charge double time after 8pm and for Sundays. However, I never gave any thought to after 6pm on Saturdays. I haven't done a contract as hours are sporadic and it's a friend. I have realised that I am charging no more for a Saturday evening than I am for a weekday. This is the first week hours have gone into Saturday evening - til 7.30pm. Should I just charge the time and a half all the way through or say that after 6pm on Saturday it will go to double time? Is this reasonable or not?

thanks

Goatgirl
31-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi,
As its a friend I would call and say you hadn't thought about the saturday after 6 charge. You are going to charge double time from 6 till 8 when you finish work. If she has already used these hours I would charge time and a half but double for future use :thumbsup:.
good luck,
Wendy :)

ManicMum
31-12-2011, 03:33 PM
thanks Wendy. I think i am being unreasonable. Saturday night is unsociable hours!

sarah707
31-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Think about it this way... dd is 18 and charges £5 an hour to babysit on a Saturday night! I think you are undercharging if you do not at least charge what sitters cost :D