PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your printer...??

Monkey26
28-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi guys,

My printer has gone to printer heaven :( :panic:

** yeah, thanks for that straight after Christmas little printer!!! **

So, before i go out and get all annoyed in the sale shoppers, can anyone recommend their printer?

I'm thinking about going all out this time - scanner, wireless, photo's etc - but it'll need to be a good, long lasting, one with the bashing/overuse it can have in this job haha.

Any thoughts muchly appreciated :) xx

WibbleWobble
28-12-2011, 08:27 PM
mine died the friday before xmas!

i think it was cheesed off with the amount of father xmas pictures it was being asked to print off!

got a kodak hero yesterday....the cartridges are cheaper than the others.

mandy xxx

loocyloo
28-12-2011, 08:32 PM
i've got a kodak ESP 5250

its excellent! cheaper ink and generally as good quality at the end of the cartridge as at the beginning! plus 'handy' reminders pop up on screen to tell you to buy more ink!

it is wireless and also copies & scans. AND can print photos onto photo paper ! i'm sure it could make a cup of tea if it tried hard enough!

:clapping: :clapping:

ps, it can also print straight off the camera SD card without having to put on the PC first :D

Monkey26
28-12-2011, 09:12 PM
mine died the friday before xmas!

i think it was cheesed off with the amount of father xmas pictures it was being asked to print off!

I think was possibly the reason mine went as well! Thank you for your recommendation, which model of the hero is it?? xx

Monkey26
28-12-2011, 09:13 PM

its excellent! cheaper ink and generally as good quality at the end of the cartridge as at the beginning! plus 'handy' reminders pop up on screen to tell you to buy more ink!

it is wireless and also copies & scans. AND can print photos onto photo paper ! i'm sure it could make a cup of tea if it tried hard enough!

ps, it can also print straight off the camera SD card without having to put on the PC first :D

Thank you for your positive review of this printer... I've just looked on amazon though and :panic: not so good reviews?! I was loving your review and now i'm all confused again haha! xx

WibbleWobble
28-12-2011, 09:34 PM
I think was possibly the reason mine went as well! Thank you for your recommendation, which model of the hero is it?? xx

we only got it yesterday but seems ok

not had any santa printing on it though.....

loocyloo
28-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Thank you for your positive review of this printer... I've just looked on amazon though and :panic: not so good reviews?! I was loving your review and now i'm all confused again haha! xx

Had mine since july ish...can't fault it! It is a bit juddery when it prints out&it needs you to turn paper over if printing both sides, but I'm very happy with it. I used to scan in childrens art work, now I just copy it, & I can copy it any size I want...i usually reduce it, to make it fit in LJs better!

Penny1959
28-12-2011, 11:03 PM
I have the Kodak ESP5250 as well.

Fantastic - my first one did stop working after 1 month but it was replaced free of charge (complete with new set inks) arrived next day had to send old one back in box provided.

The replacement is now over 12months old - I do give it lots of do - not just childminding stuff but loads for volunteering role as well.

Inks cheap - and just found out Tesco do replacement cartridges even cheaper - less than £12 for a colour and a black one. Have started to use these replacement cartridges - work and can't see the differences.

Penny :)

FussyElmo
29-12-2011, 07:18 AM

Now I have this printer and i would happily take a hammer to it and smash it into little pieces.

It is always losing its wireless connection. I have to keep it in the living room to be close to the modem else there is no chance it works.

And if it says "cannot detect paper width" or whatever rubbish it spurts out it may be going to the tip.

And dont talk about the scanning :angry:

The only good thing is the price of the ink.

Monkey26
29-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Eeeeeeeeek confusion again! Has anyone else got a printer they would recommend?! x

solly
30-12-2011, 01:38 PM
My DH has just brought the HP Office jet pro 8500A Plus:) I haven't actually used it yet but DH has shown me it prints both sides without having to turn the paper over which suits me

DH has been looking for a while as needed something substantial with all the printing we both do. me with childminding and him with his accountancy business. :)

Looks really smart :)

Jiorjiina
31-12-2011, 12:40 PM
I have a Kodak ESP AiO 7250 (http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/ESP_7250_All-in-One_Printer/productID.169935600), which cost us about £100 from Tesco, 6 months ago.

The main reason for getting this one was because my mum and I both use it for our work, so it gets quite a lot of use.

It prints good quality pictures and documents, and it prints double sided, so you can save paper. The photo printing is good, and the resolution on the copier and scanner too.

It will also print from an SD card like the other Kodaks mentioned.

I haven't tried printing from a wireless connection yet, we're still a cable based household!