PDA

View Full Version : Contracts for occasionally minded children?

butterfly
19-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Hiya I'm new to all this having only registered on the first of this month and am looking for some advice from more experienced minders! I have a couple of children who will only need minding on an emergency basis ie mum has a job interview. What info/contracts should i hold on these children?
I thought i'd do a child info form from ncma and get all permission slips signed and stored so if she has to drop them off in a hurry i'll have the necessary details re contacts, medical stuff etc. Do I need some sort of contract as well?

What does everyone think?

Spangles
19-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I have a child like this too.

I have had everything filled in as normal, all the information forms and the policies and procedures read and signed to say understood. (I didn't give the parent copy of these though.) I then got the parent to sign the temporary NCMA contract which I just renew when necessary.

That's just me though!

hannahsstar
19-05-2008, 09:23 PM
I have a child like this too.

I have had everything filled in as normal, all the information forms and the policies and procedures read and signed to say understood. (I didn't give the parent copy of these though.) I then got the parent to sign the temporary NCMA contract which I just renew when necessary.

That's just me though!

Hi I've got everything signed just as I do the other mindees. It's alot to do but then it's al sorted for if and when you're needed

Jae

Tatia
20-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I have all the same paperwork as I do for regular mindees. Only difference on the contract, I skipped the days and times and just wrote in the additional notes space that it is striclty as and when his parents need me and only if I have the space so both sides are protected.

Blaze
20-05-2008, 09:31 AM
I have all the same paperwork as I do for regular mindees. Only difference on the contract, I skipped the days and times and just wrote in the additional notes space that it is striclty as and when his parents need me and only if I have the space so both sides are protected.

Same!:) :thumbsup:

mrsb
20-05-2008, 06:13 PM
3 of my children are occasional ones and I have doen everything as I would a full time child, on the contract though I just wrote "as and when" under the contracted hours bit :)

butterfly
20-05-2008, 08:59 PM
thanks loads peoples! i've been on my icp course today and they said the same - just need to buy some more ncma contracts now!!

venus89
22-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Would you do the same if you only have the child for one day and don't expect to have the again? Or would you draw up some kind of temporary contract for that?

Tatia
23-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Temporary contract for one-off but I'd still get the child record form and all permissions (especially to seek emergency treatment) signed.

berkschick
23-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Temporary contract for one-off but I'd still get the child record form and all permissions (especially to seek emergency treatment) signed.

Snap :thumbsup: And the outings permission to do the school run and the vehicle use one incase there is an emergancy or you use the car for the school run. I also got the suncream one signed just incase.