PDA

View Full Version : sold my self short!!! now what?

jojobell
27-12-2011, 07:02 PM
when i started childminding i was so egar to get established i let parents twist my plans...... alter things to suit now im kicking myself...........one of my parents i aggreed to not charge for their holidays if they gave my 4 weeks notice. anogther i let pay in arreers as she had no money ect.............. luckly she pays on time.......................... ANYWAY new years reseldtion is to stick to my guns payment in advace, payment for holidays ect as per my polciys..............................
what can i do about my exisiting parents with theese execptions, shouls i leave well alone and learn from my mistakes, can i change it when i reveiw contracts, could i change sooner? ne advice???

Zumba-mum
27-12-2011, 07:55 PM
If you said you review yearly then i would do it then but i'm sure you might be able to give parents notice about fee changes. From the start i have decided to charge only for there holiday and bank holidays. I'm stuck as i have a mum coming tomorrow looking for one day awk term time only, just wonder if i should charge a retainer for the holidays or give her a higher rate. Here's us being stronger in 2012 :D

miffy
28-12-2011, 06:03 PM
You can change the terms of your contract by giving parents the notice period you agreed in their current contract but if they haven't been with you very long and you want to increase fees then they might not be very happy.

I would put any new starters on your new rates/terms/conditions and then adjust existing parents when their contracts come up for review.

Miffy xx