PDA

View Full Version : What do you only have at Christmas?

Pauline
23-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Apart from the usual Turkey, Christmas pud and cake, I was wondering what, if anything, you will be having this weekend that you only have at Christmas and not at any other time of year. (I'm talking food and drink here! :rolleyes:)

For us it will be my favourite; baby brussel sprouts mixed with chopped bacon and chopped freshly roasted chestnuts. Yummy :thumbsup:

TheBTeam
23-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Me it is snowballs to drink, reminds me of christmas with mum and dad when i was far too young to drink but allowed a little snowball!

And smelly cheese, dont buy it any other time of the year cos i eat it by the pack load!

charleyfarley
23-12-2011, 06:06 PM
It's not something we eat or drink but something we only use at Christmas.

Our Hostess trolley :thumbsup: wouldn't be without it at this time of year :jump for joy:

Carol xx

Jiorjiina
23-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Our Hostess trolley :thumbsup: wouldn't be without it at this time of year :jump for joy:

We do exactly the same! It's a godsend, it truly is.

But we also have turkey and all the trimmings at Easter too.

WibbleWobble
23-12-2011, 06:33 PM
we always have an M&S buffet...cosisting of all those little bite sized stuff. There must be NO VEG OR SALAD on the plate.

this should be on christmas eve but we are out tomorrow night to see my brother and his little lovely family at my parents home. so we are having the buffet tonight when my daughter Emily gets home after travelling all the way from London. she will be here at about 7.30pm..

so....ovens on...packets out.....

mandy xxxxx

singingcactus
23-12-2011, 06:37 PM
And smelly cheese, dont buy it any other time of the year cos i eat it by the pack load!

Mmmm, just had this melted on toast for my tea :)

There's nothing we only have at christmas though....well maybe candy canes cos you can't buy them any other time of the year.

sandy64
23-12-2011, 06:38 PM
i make a special nut roast and goats cheese loaf for me being a veggie but everyone else enjoys it with turkey, boxs of biscuits,sweets, snowballs yummy lol im hungry now:laughing:

jelly15
23-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Real butter not my usual low fat spread and garlic roule.

miss mopple
23-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Garlic roule here too :thumbsup:

And:

sherry (a must with my breakfast :laughing: Its a family tradition)
Gin and Tonic
Baileys

hmmn, sounding like a bit of a lush here :blush:

ok, so we also have

brandy butter
baileys cream

ok, time to admit I am indeed a lush :laughing: :laughing:

Pauline
23-12-2011, 07:33 PM
we always have an M&S buffet...cosisting of all those little bite sized stuff. There must be NO VEG OR SALAD on the plate.

this should be on christmas eve but we are out tomorrow night to see my brother and his little lovely family at my parents home. so we are having the buffet tonight when my daughter Emily gets home after travelling all the way from London. she will be here at about 7.30pm..

so....ovens on...packets out.....

mandy xxxxx

It is now 7.33 hope you are having wonderful fun :thumbsup:

breezy
23-12-2011, 07:46 PM
sex?:blush: :laughing:

Rosy Days
23-12-2011, 08:09 PM
A big tin of Quality Street, After Eight Mints, Baileys and warm mince pies with cream mmmm xx have fun everyone xx

mushpea
23-12-2011, 09:09 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: whats that!:laughing:

Pauline
23-12-2011, 09:14 PM

Now you! Naughty! I did say in my post that is was about FOOD AND DRINK, I put that in especially for you :rolleyes:

RachelE
23-12-2011, 10:10 PM
mashed carrot and swede! - much to dh's disgust - yummy!!!

Brandy - I hate, but to set fire to the pudding!

Cranberry sauce - yuk!!

So much money on food we dont like!!

Enjoy!

Rachel xx

stardust
23-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Bucks Fizz!
Love it makes me go :jump for joy:

LOOPYLISA
23-12-2011, 11:08 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

christine e
23-12-2011, 11:25 PM
When I was little we had fizzy pop at Christmas and only at Christmas!
Nowadays well if we can get them we have pickled walnuts at my sisters house but they are hard to find at our house it's turkey tbh I'm not too fussed about it so we only have it at Christmas

Cx

rickysmiths
24-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Pickled Walnuts
Advocaat (neat not in snowballs) I remember being allowed to have a taste of my mums! Now I have my own bottle :laughing:
Brandy Butter
Mince Pies

Cazz
24-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Real butter - it's my christmas luxury!

Mince Pies - but they have to be the luxury ones with crumbly pastry and lots of alcohol!

Also tins of chocolates and obviously the nuts!

Oh and Pringles - although we do have them on birthdays too! :laughing:

Toothfairy
24-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Baileys
Ham & Eggs for breakfast
Sprouts
Tunis cake
Mince pies :D

Carol M
24-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Cranberry sauce.
I'm not supposed to have any cranberry as it reacts with warfarin :(
But I love cranberry :(
Just got to have it.
Carol xx

ORKSIE
24-12-2011, 02:21 PM
We have a Tree in the house :D

PixiePetal
24-12-2011, 02:26 PM
sprouts - I loathe them and so do the kids but I give in for DH at Christmas :rolleyes:

pigs in blankets - normally just chipolatas

M&S buffet with no veg for boxing day :thumbsup:

otherwise nothing different

onceinabluemoon
25-12-2011, 12:13 PM
I really had a good think about this and there isn't anything that we have at Christmas but not at any other time, except a Christmas tree of course but you can't eat that (and live to talk about it...)

Its pretty much like a normal day but with presents on the morning. We must be going wrong somewhere, lol! ;)

The Juggler
27-12-2011, 08:58 PM
the cheeseboard! i avoid it the rest of the year (unless we have a dinner party) because i'd eat the whole of the brie and the emmenthal in one go :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
28-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Crackers :laughing:

foxy lady
28-12-2011, 09:00 PM
roast parsnips , i dont know why we dont have them more i love them YUMMY