PDA

View Full Version : Childminder/Parent Agreement form??

the_nanny_uk2
16-12-2011, 01:11 PM
So this is my first mindee and the parent is very young. Although everything was explained at the beginning about hand overs, daily diary entries etc etc and I asked her questions to make sure she understood we have had a load of problem with not turning up at agreed times with no call/text, no handovers, no communication full stop. Resulting in the parent and grandparent getting very animated about why they had to do this and I'd never told them.

I'm now thinking that I should draw up some sort of parent/Childminder agreement so both parties say what they will commit to doing, both sign that they understand what is expected of them then nothing can be said about them not knowing about it.Does that make sense? Do you think it would work and has anyone done anything similar?

Merry Christmas folks

Jo x

EmmaReed84
16-12-2011, 01:41 PM
I have a parent pack that I hand out. It includes:
my complaints and confidentiality policy,
Safeguarding children policy,
Late collection and late payment policy,
Ofsted parent poster and a list of useful contacts such as childline, support groups, council, FIS etc.

I also have a document written up outlining the basic agreement what time child is to be collected, if to be fed, what parents will provide, what I will provide, collection time, emergency contacts etc. I also get them to sign a document which I secure away to say they have recieved, read and understood the parent pack... That they have NO excuses!

But I will say one phrase I always remember "Live by the sword, die by the sword!" if you are totally rigid with parents, expect the same from them when it comes you needing some flexibility

rickysmiths
16-12-2011, 01:54 PM
All this is written in my Policies and on the Contract both of which the parent sign and have copies of. It covers everything to to with drop off and collection times fees etc.

sarah707
16-12-2011, 01:59 PM
I put information like that in a welcome booklet and refer parents to it regularly if something goes wrong.

Many years ago I used to have an agreement but to be honest I don't think anyone read it!! :rolleyes:

Do you have a newsletter? You could tackle one issue a month so it doesn't look like you are singling out one family.

Hth :D

the_nanny_uk2
16-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Thank you everyone,

I have a parent brochure that they get, it contains all policies & procedures etc etc but I think they also need a more day to day agreement with a few basic necessaties on it i.e. The parent MUST ring the Childminder as soon as possible to inform if going to be late dropping off/picking up.

I did issue her with a note in the front of the daily diary too with what I need in the nappy bag YET either nappies are missing or diary or coat!!!

Sarah, a Newsletter is a good idea and something I will be doing in the future but I only have the one child at the mo until April when I get another.

Thanks everyone

Jo x