PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with my toe

AliceK
15-12-2011, 02:22 PM
I suffer from really cold feet, they feel like blocks of ice even with thermal socks on. Anyway one of my toes is really hurting on the bottom. It looks like it has a tender place on it that kind of looks like a different colour very slightly from the rest, almost blister like, really really tender if I push that area, about the size of a 5p piece. I'm sure it's related to the cold? It's agony to walk on, I even tried to bandage it up to cushion it but it didn't make any difference. Any ideas what it could be. I haven't done anything or damaged it in any way as far as I'm aware. OH said it could be chillblains? Do they hurt this bad?

xxxx

Mouse
15-12-2011, 02:26 PM
I used to get awful chillblains on my feet & they really did hurt. Could you nip along to a pharmacy & ask what they think? There are various creams you can get to put on them.

AliceK
15-12-2011, 02:32 PM
I used to get awful chillblains on my feet & they really did hurt. Could you nip along to a pharmacy & ask what they think? There are various creams you can get to put on them.

I'll have to pop in at the weekend, I can't really get there before then. It's agony.
Thanks

xxxx

Pauline
15-12-2011, 02:39 PM
My experience of chilblains is that they feel more like a stinging pain, like your feet are burning and they itch too and feel sore.

Hope you feel better soon. x

QualityCare
15-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Chilblains can cause small blisters, but l would get it checked to be sure.

samb
15-12-2011, 10:32 PM
I have had chillblains too - mine were small bumps - sort of blisters but harder but incredibly itchy - I would sit rubbing my feet on the carpet to scratch them until they were even more sore. Awful awful things!Get them checked out as if thats what it is the cream works wonders x

angeldelight
16-12-2011, 07:30 AM
Does it look like this Alice

http://footcare.ygoy.com/what-is-foot-care-callous/

Is it really sore when you walk

I had one last year smaller than the pics and I had never heard of them :laughing:

It looked like a blister

I got mine because my bad leg / foot swells causing the shoe to rub but it did not feel like it at the time

Horrible things but easy to get rid of

They go hard after a while too

Angel xx

AliceK
16-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Does it look like this Alice

http://footcare.ygoy.com/what-is-foot-care-callous/

Is it really sore when you walk

I had one last year smaller than the pics and I had never heard of them :laughing:

It looked like a blister

I got mine because my bad leg / foot swells causing the shoe to rub but it did not feel like it at the time

Horrible things but easy to get rid of

They go hard after a while too

Angel xx

Hi
No it doesn't look like that. You can hardly see anything at all actually unless you look really hard and then it's like the part of the underneath of the toe that's painful is a slightly different colour and slightly like a blister but not much. What a terrible description :blush: . My toes do sometimes get really itchy when they have been cold and are warming up so I'm pretty sure it's chillblain related. I did notice last night that when I push down on it with my finger, kind of squash it, the pink colour takes a lot longer to return to this area as it does to my other toes. I think it must be related to circulation. I'm going to pop to the pharmacy tomorrow and ask. A hot bath last night seemed to help slightly.
Thanks for all your replies :thumbsup:
xxxxx

LOOPYLISA
16-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Sounds like chilblains to me, i get them, hard to describe the pain, not nice x

angeldelight
16-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Sounds like chilblains to me, i get them, hard to describe the pain, not nice x

I always get them on just two toes,why is that why not the whole lot?

Angel xx

AliceK
16-12-2011, 02:11 PM
My OH came home at lunchtime and he has very kindly bought me a pair of Heat Holders socks. They are lovely and snuggly. Not been out in them yet so hoping they keep my feet warm on the school run later.

xxxx

Pauline
16-12-2011, 06:39 PM
My OH came home at lunchtime and he has very kindly bought me a pair of Heat Holders socks. They are lovely and snuggly. Not been out in them yet so hoping they keep my feet warm on the school run later.

xxxx

Ah bless, what a poppet :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
16-12-2011, 07:37 PM

xxxx

E has these, lovely and toastie x

ajs
17-12-2011, 06:17 AM
Sound like chill Blains to me too, I get them on my fingers and toes,
Not a good look for the party season.

They are very itchy swollen and red and they make my joints ache on my fingers as they swell up so much. I had seven on oone hand last week my fingers looked like sausages