PDA

View Full Version : WHAT FAMILY CHRISTMAS FILMS DO YOU LIKE WATCHING OVER THE CHRISTMAS PERIOD?

angeldelight
15-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Do you have any favourites

Are there any films that do your head in?

What do you really enjoy?

Is it a Christmas film or a family film or both?

Angel xx

WibbleWobble
15-12-2011, 11:52 AM
we like any of the wallace and grommitt films....they always make us laugh.

this year we will be watching "bad santa" - well me and phil will. i have a thing for billy bob thornton and phil likes to watch the film in his bad santa hat....kinky!

xmas day will see me watching downton abbey and sky+ ing eastenders.......phil will be sat in the dining room putting together his xmas present!

mandy xxx

pears
15-12-2011, 12:12 PM
POLAR EXPRESS!!!i absolutely love it but miracle on 34th street comes in close behind it for me :)

Mouse
15-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Muppet Christmas Carol - my favourite Christmas film of all time!

We always watch it on Christmas Eve...well, I do! My chiildren usually start off all enthusiastic to humour me, then gradually disappear until I'm sat watching it by myself :laughing:

angeldelight
15-12-2011, 12:24 PM

We always watch it on Christmas Eve...well, I do! My chiildren usually start off all enthusiastic to humour me, then gradually disappear until I'm sat watching it by myself :laughing:

I would leave you on your own too, your children have sense

It is one film that really does do my head in

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Roseolivia
15-12-2011, 12:28 PM
I love Santa Clause- The Movie

crazyXstitcher
15-12-2011, 12:34 PM

Dh and I love this too. We watch it every year (saddo alert:D ) and bought it years before we even had kids!

Also National Lampoons Christmas vacation.

loopyloopy
15-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Without a doubt I know it's Christmas when the snowman an Oliver twist, my favourite film ever is on. I remember playing nancy at our play, back in the day and loved it ever since :D

Helen Dempster
15-12-2011, 12:50 PM
We love watching Scrooge and The Muppets Christmas Carol :) Also like the film with the little girl who saves Santa - I can't remember what it's called - "Miracle on something Street"? :blush:

custardcream
15-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Home Alone 1 or 2 is a favourite in our house..love them both....hubby hates them though.

AgentTink
15-12-2011, 01:11 PM
We watch all of the Christmas classics, plus the Tom hanks movie Big. It still makes me smile all these years on.

jelly15
15-12-2011, 01:20 PM

Me too :clapping:

FussyElmo
15-12-2011, 01:33 PM

Love this film. Wemt to see it christmas eve when it first came out (how many years ago). Mum brought it me on video the next year.

We have already watched it twice and im sure I can fit it in again.

Twinkles
15-12-2011, 02:26 PM
I love just about every Christmas film. The cheesier the better :rolleyes: My fav for watching with the mindees is Polar express and for us as a family it has to be elf.:thumbsup:

Graham
15-12-2011, 02:33 PM
I always have to watch Scrooge starring Albert Finney, its a musical and is usually on one channel or another over Christmas, I used to search the listings every year so I could watch it but a couple of years ago Pauline bought me the DVD so that comes out every Christmas. :thumbsup:

breezy
15-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Home Alone 1 and 2 for us, we all love it !!!!!! KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!:jump for joy:

WibbleWobble
15-12-2011, 05:25 PM
I always have to watch Scrooge starring Albert Finney, its a musical and is usually on one channel or another over Christmas, I used to search the listings every year so I could watch it but a couple of years ago Pauline bought me the DVD so that comes out every Christmas. :thumbsup:

i bet pauline is a happy lady when you whip it out every christmas.....:blush:

angeldelight
15-12-2011, 05:31 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xx

PixiePetal
15-12-2011, 05:40 PM
The Greatest toy store in the World - love it :) don't know if it is on this year yet :panic:

warms the heart

christine e
15-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Trains, planes and automobiles

Cx

angeldelight
15-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Trains, planes and automobiles

Cx

I have never seen that

Angel xx

Jiorjiina
15-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Muppets. It's not Christmas without A Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island.

Also, for some strange reason, a war film (British made though, not American made).

Graham
15-12-2011, 08:32 PM

Ooooh you are awful...................but I like you! :joker:

christine e
15-12-2011, 08:34 PM
I have never seen that

Angel xx

Errrr it's not actually a Christmas film but about Thanksgiving but I like it anyway:laughing:

Cx