PDA

View Full Version : Must have paperwork ...

Lea-mumof2 :)
14-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Hi girls have a mindee starting monday yay :)
I am going to do a Communication folder to fill in and go home each day its for A 14 month old and the parent has asked that its detailed ??

I will have a learning journal for her too where I am going to do a plan and assesment sheet ... Was thinking maybe this be used soley for my planning and eyfs and then use a scrapbook for obs ??
The parent has done contract and signed all permission sheets was thinking of an about me sheet with all childs info inc medical , emergancy contacts etc too all this in a personal file

Have I missed anything ??? Really looking forward to it xx

sarah707
14-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Sounds fine to me. Your obs, assessments and individual planning can all go in one learning journey folder - make it easy for yourself!

I don't know about detailed - they get as much info as I have time to scribble down. On busy days that's not an awful lot.

I think you need to set the rules not the parents!

Good luck with it all :D

moggy
14-12-2011, 08:09 PM
By 'communication folder' do you mean a daily diary? That can be detailed, I write an A5 page or more a day- a notebook where you write what LO's done, eaten, nappies, naps etc and parents can write in each day too. My parent's love them and write a little each day like how LO slept/breakfast what they did at weekend etc.
All EYFS stuff like obs, assessments, planning, next steps are easiest in one folder I think as they should all link together.

Lea-mumof2 :)
15-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Im using some of the free resorces on here for my planning :)
Think she wants food intake , fluod intake naptimes , nappy changes type of nappies too eg. Wet or soiled activities and mood etc etc :-/

I did send off for the bromley childminding communication diary but it hasnt come yet :(

Karaza
15-12-2011, 01:23 PM
I have a daily sheet now, not diaries I find these easier and diaries always seem to get lost in the end

I use child record form for information about a child, and a contract

Everything else goes in learning journey

Karaza
15-12-2011, 01:23 PM
meant to add can email you one if you want it lists everything the mum seems to want but takes me a couple of minutes if that to complete