PDA

View Full Version : Stormy weather!

Ripeberry
13-12-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm so glad I'm not working today. It was horrendous yesterday with the wind and rain and this morning woke up to find that our greenhouse (plastic with metal frame) had been chucked accross the garden by the wind. It is now all buckled :mad:

Then it's been thunderstorm after thunderstorm all morning and terrific lightning, have to put the lights on as it's so dark. Hail storms and now it's all white outside and only 3c! So I've had to put the heating back on.

Got to collect my own kids from school soon, hope it lets up for a minute at least! And they don't even have that many warnings about today. I'm dreading Thurs/Fri as they think it will be bad :eek: :panic:

Mouse
13-12-2011, 02:45 PM
I heard a lot of wind & rain in the night, but it hasn't been bad here so far today. Unfortunately, the closer we get to school run time, the blacker the sky is getting! I only have to get my own daughter, so I might grab her quickly & run back home.

I actually have quite a phobia about bad weather and struggle to get out when it's really bad. My DH, and now my teenage boys, all phone me if there's a thunder storm to check I'm OK. If they're on the landline, I tell them to get off in case the lightening goes down the phone wire & through my ear :blush: :laughing:

kellib
13-12-2011, 03:57 PM
It's been awful here again today, in fact it sounds worse outside than it did last Thursday when they shut all the schools!

My son is away to the theatre with his school so don't have to pick him up until after 5, not looking forward to going out again!!

babs
13-12-2011, 04:09 PM
This. has just put me in a panic. I have no idea what I would for if it was lighting for school run I'm terrified..

Ripeberry
13-12-2011, 04:28 PM
The school is at a slightly higher elevation than my house and it's worse up there! Roads were slippery and the car park had almost 2 inches of hail. Of course all the kids were mega exited and having 'ice' fights :rolleyes:

We are all soaking wet as it decided to hail again whilst waiting. Got to go back up at 6.30pm for the school play.

Rubybubbles
13-12-2011, 04:53 PM
It's snowing (I think lol!) looks very white, more snow than sleet here at High Wycombe.

I am glad I wasn't at work today with 24 3-4 yrolds not being able to go outdoors:laughing: (not that I am happy dd is ill:o )