PDA

View Full Version : It pays to read your report through!!!

murrayspud
12-12-2011, 07:18 PM
I had my inspection last Monday (5 December) and was told my report would be with me within 20 days. I received a phone call on Friday afternoon saying my report was ready and could it be emailed over to me. I read the report and was completely happy with everything apart from one sentence. I slept on it then got my Hubby to read the report too and he agreed with me, so I queried it.

My report reads "However this hinders the childminders ability to promptly identify any gaps in learning" and it should have read "However this does not hinder the childminders ability to promptly identify any gaps in learning"

I have had my report adjusted to the correct sentence today, and an apology from the inspector :clapping:

It will not change my grade but reflects better on my setting and abilities.

Just goes to show, 2 missing words changes the whole meaning of a sentence.

My advice - read your report thoroughly and query anything you are not happy with - you never know things can get changed.

Kathryn x :D

karensmart4
12-12-2011, 07:27 PM
I had the wrong wording on my report too, so agree with you.

Don't just scan your report, read it properly in peace and quiet because you only have a small window of time to get mistakes corrected.

sarah707
12-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Good advice! And I am pleased they sorted it for you quickly :D

miffy
13-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm glad you got an apology from the inspector and it was all sorted out quickly for you

Miffy xx

angeldelight
15-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Glad you got it all sorted out

Angel xx