PDA

View Full Version : Bluewater - Santa & Ice Skating.

Toothfairy
12-12-2011, 04:33 PM
If you are thinking of going to Bluewater to see Santa or go Ice Skating....Don't bother, it was terrible!!!!

Booked tickets ages ago, so older DD's were excited to go Ice Skating and youngest DD was excited to be seeing Santa.
We set off early as we knew traffic would be terrible, got there in plenty of time and did a bit of Xmas shopping too.

Well......... Ice Skating.
The rink was tiny and there were sooooooo many people on the Ice that all you could do was a slow circle. Little ones were falling over and knocking others over (they advertised that there would be the little penguins to hold onto but when we got there, they only had 10 and it was first come first served for about 40-50 people at a time, most of which were children who could not skate :rolleyes: ), it was like watching a row of dominoes go over, if one went down the lot came down. The ice was very very wet, if you fell over, you got soaked. Marshalls skating around didn't seem to do much to keep everyone going around in the same direction or stop people standing around the edge which caused more pile up's. In the end I called my DD's off the Ice as it got to dangerous.

Santa.
The cue (you had time slots) went quickly, so that was ok but when you got into see santa, you were rushed through. I think we were in with Santa for a total of 1.5mins. Santa said hello, asked what DD wanted for Xmas, had photo taken and then we were rushed out the other door.
DH & I were made to feel in the way, Elf tutting all the time and we were then almost pushed out of the door!
Prezzie was some JLS stickers:rolleyes:

Snow Slide.
£2 per ticket which I didn't think was that bad to be honest.
Children were pushing each other trying to get to the top first. Marshalls (teenagers) didn't know how to handle the situation. Huge crush of adults at the bottom of the slide trying to take photo's of their children which caused a huge problem trying to get the giant rings off the slide :rolleyes:
There was further confusion as children were trying to go again even though they didn't have tickets. The Marshalls had no way of knowing how many tickets had been bought by each person or how many goes they had had, as they were not collecting the tickets???

Total waste of time. Never again......Bar Humbug!!

Helen Dempster
13-12-2011, 02:06 PM
That's TERRIBLE!!!! As you're in Kent though, I'd recommend you book Breakfast with Santa at Polhill Garden Centre - really good, a much better experience than you had at Bluewater methinks! And the kids get a great goody bag from Santa - who takes time to talk to them, doesn't rush the photos etc etc. Brilliant. They stagger the amount of kids that go in at one time too, so you're not packed in :thumbsup:

Eddisonsmum
13-12-2011, 09:21 PM
oh really? We are booked to go next Thursday to the Santa in NY at bluewater. I've promised them now so will still be going. Just hope that it is all ok.

Toothfairy
14-12-2011, 07:58 AM
That's TERRIBLE!!!! As you're in Kent though, I'd recommend you book Breakfast with Santa at Polhill Garden Centre - really good, a much better experience than you had at Bluewater methinks! And the kids get a great goody bag from Santa - who takes time to talk to them, doesn't rush the photos etc etc. Brilliant. They stagger the amount of kids that go in at one time too, so you're not packed in :thumbsup:

We did this last year, it was very good but DD's wanted a change this year. But 'Yes' I would recommend Polhil if anyone is within driving distance :thumbsup:

Toothfairy
14-12-2011, 08:03 AM
oh really? We are booked to go next Thursday to the Santa in NY at bluewater. I've promised them now so will still be going. Just hope that it is all ok.

Hope you have a lovely time, tell me if you feel the same or if i'm just being a Humbug :laughing:

angeldelight
15-12-2011, 10:43 AM
That sounds awful

Did the same thing happen here last year?

Angel xx

Toothfairy
15-12-2011, 02:07 PM
There is now a big discussion on Netmums about it too.
Loads of parents unhappy about Bluewater Ice Skating & Santa :(

~Chelle~
15-12-2011, 02:47 PM
We have booked my son in on Monday, but after what a few friends have said and now you, I don't think we will bother.

My friend went when Peter Andre was there and it was packed, which took the shine off of it :( x