PDA

View Full Version : Directgov for kids

Tatia
18-05-2008, 08:11 PM
I've eaten, slept and breathed Directgov for several years now (even comes on hols with us as hubby works from home at most inappropriate times!:mad: ) but I didn't know they had a kiddie section til he pointed it out today. haven't had a good look but just skimming it looks like it could be useful for knowledge and understanding of the world (as well as ICT, too!).:D

http://kids.direct.gov.uk/

Kelly
18-05-2008, 08:14 PM
looks good, I will let my DS have a play tomorrow

Kelly

crazybones
18-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Looks interesting. Will have a proper look later. Thank you. :thumbsup:

miffy
18-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Thank you - another one to bookmark

miffy xx

ajs
18-05-2008, 08:30 PM
does your hubby work for them then tatia
mine works for connecting for health the nhs equiv

Tatia
19-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Yeah, he does, AJS. He's the deputy CEO. Ask me exactly what he does and I'd have to say attends meetings, writes reports and creates lots of spread sheets!:o

*edit* Okay, I just Googled Connecting for Health. I'm sure hubby has mentioned that in the past. Very worthwhile, bringing dinosauer of government and NHS into the the computer era! Beats long queues and inefficiency due to lost paperwork!

angeldelight
19-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Oh I just asked you the same question in the other thread haha

Very impressive

Tell him my kids love those sites and I did put a lot of them in our activity area last week

Angel xx

Tatia
19-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Tell him my kids love those sites and I did put a lot of them in our activity area last week

Will do, Angel. In fact, if you wanted, you can e-mail their help desk letting them know that you found and used the kiddie section.:thumbsup:

angeldelight
19-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Good idea I will do that later

Angel xx

ajs
19-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Yeah, he does, AJS. He's the deputy CEO. Ask me exactly what he does and I'd have to say attends meetings, writes reports and creates lots of spread sheets!:o

*edit* Okay, I just Googled Connecting for Health. I'm sure hubby has mentioned that in the past. Very worthwhile, bringing dinosauer of government and NHS into the the computer era! Beats long queues and inefficiency due to lost paperwork!

morning tatia
i am glad you know what cfh does i just know they are employing David until october and then who knows what.
he loves the job but it takes him away a lot
i have no idea what he does either.

Blaze
19-05-2008, 09:25 AM
:) Thank you!