PDA

View Full Version : Email reminder to complete SA but already done

samb
08-12-2011, 09:17 PM
As title says I have had an email reminder to complete my self assessment but I did it back in May! Does that mean there is a problem? How do I find out? I didn't need to pay anything as I was starting out and had only a small income but even so I am a little confused as to why i would have received this. Any ideas?

sarah707
09-12-2011, 07:48 AM
You need to give your local tax office a ring - have your NI number handy.

Talk through the email and make sure it is not a fake - there are a lot of them around at the moment. Don't follow any links from the email :(

samb
09-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Oh dear it was my fault! I completed the SA back in June and thought I had completed it and saved a copy etc. As I was on hold for so long to HMRC I thought I would get the document up so i could quote what it said on there - there is s submissions receipt number but it also says not submitted! I had not noticed that and can't understand why I wouldn't have submitted it! Anyway, man said it was quite common bu still feel stupid as I thought it was all done and dusted! Anyway, now I can't find my ID for the government gateway so am trying to sort that out now! :panic: Oh well, at least it wasn't a fake!

sarah707
09-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Oops! :laughing: You'll laugh about it when you've got it sorted :D

samb
09-12-2011, 08:38 PM
All done and laughed too lol! Can't believe I did that - even came on here to say I had done it back in the summer! :blush:

curlycathy
09-12-2011, 09:45 PM
If its any consolation I had the same thing this week and was so sure I'd done it in August - did it all online, got a printout, receipt number - and failed to notice it said not submitted! DH went online and did it - he thinks the website might have timed out or something without us realising.

Least its all done now x

samb
11-12-2011, 11:29 AM
If its any consolation I had the same thing this week and was so sure I'd done it in August - did it all online, got a printout, receipt number - and failed to notice it said not submitted! DH went online and did it - he thinks the website might have timed out or something without us realising.

Least its all done now x

Lol yes it is thanks! Always good to know you are not the only one! Better luck next year hey?!