PDA

View Full Version : Re writing contract help please

kitty
18-05-2008, 08:07 PM
I had been given notice a while ago as the mum no longer worked the days that I could do and didn't need me. She now wants me to have the grils as and when she needs me and obviously if it's convienent for me. Under the addtional section on the ncma hours bit, what do I put to cover this. I really can't think today at all, please help?
Thanks
Kitty
xxx

angeldelight
19-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Well does she have some idea of the days or hours she needs you ?

She cant really expect you to hang around waiting for her to call you can she ?

She needs to book the days / hours for you to be able to hold the place open for her

What did you agree with her ?

Angel xx

kitty
19-05-2008, 09:06 AM
I have no one on my books atm (that's for another post :mad: ) so I'm happy to do it if I'm free. Mum doesn't really know what she's doing atm, just split from husband the same week she's started a new job full time and dad's supposed to be helping with childcare, but doesn't seem to be. She's just calling me when she needs me then I'm doing it if I can, until something more permenant comes along, if it ever will ....
Thanks
Kitty
xxx

angeldelight
19-05-2008, 09:18 AM
I can understand you wanting to help this mom out and also you need the money

Maybe you could come to an agreement that you have the children at least so many hours a week - then its up to you both when you have them if you are free ?

Maybe she could agree to at least 8 hours a week or something and she must use them - at least that way you know where you stand and you know how much income you will be getting every week ?

If she needs more hours that is fine but she must use at least 8 or something like that ? That could be agreed when she signs the contract

Just an idea

Angel xx

Tatia
19-05-2008, 09:23 AM
I have a situation like this, when the parents call me as and when and I take the child if I have a space. I just skipped the days and times section of contract and only used the additional notes section and wrote "as and when parents call, depending upon my availability".

Just make sure to keep a good attendance record for the child.

susi513
19-05-2008, 01:48 PM
I give parents 2 choices:

1. A contract reserving a place for their child. Parent agrees to pay 1/2 fees for each day they want to reserve for their child. They agree to pay full fees for the hours booked and 1/2 fees for any unused reserved time period. The contract states the agreement about when the parents will notify of days they don't need (and that parent agrees to pay full fees if parent hasn't provided this information by the agreed day).

2. Ad-hoc care register. Parent pays annual fee to register the child (fee waived if they're going on the register from a long-term contract as I already have all the paperwork in place). fee is contribution towards my admin costs/my time in interviews etc. Parent gets a folder of forms - booking forms, medicine permissions etc and I do the first session up to 2 hours free as I do with long-term contracts. Then they just call/email or return a booking form with their payment when they want a place. I then do a contract which specifies the dates/hours of care. Or return their payment if I can't do it. No guarantee of a place with this though. I might be full, on holiday or unavailable for any number of reasons.

NB Option 2 won't work if you're usually full! It works well for me as I have families who come irregularly in the hols. Although they pay 1/2 retainer for time not used, its better for me if I can book it out to someone else and get full fees instead :D