PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Day..........

Toothfairy
08-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Do you have a Boxing day tradition?

We always have for lunch;
Left over cold Turkey, Cold Roast Beef, Cold roast Gammon with mashed Potato, Bubble & Squeak, Vegtables and lots of pickles and chutneys :D

We also give each other a Tree Gift (just a small silly gift around £3-£4)

What do you do on Boxing Day?

Pipsqueak
08-12-2011, 01:39 PM
yes we do a 'lucky dip present box' - everyone buys a present for a small set amount (depends on how many people are going to be there) never any more than a £5.

it gets wrapped and put in a box and its a lucky dip then!

great hilarity often ensues!!!

also the rule is if you get something to wear you have to put it on ...... (can you imagine when one of the males got a mankini!!! euwwwW)

Toothfairy
08-12-2011, 01:46 PM
also the rule is if you get something to wear you have to put it on ...... (can you imagine when one of the males got a mankini!!! euwwwW)

:ROFL1: :laughing: :laughing:

kellib
08-12-2011, 01:48 PM
We (all 13 of us) wake up at my Grandad's house where we'll have spent the night, I'm usually the one who gets up early with the kids and watches one of their new dvds! Then Grandad does us a massive fry up before we go on our traditional walk along the prom before going back to the house for more food!

My Granny chucks us out when she's had enough of us :laughing:

loocyloo
08-12-2011, 01:56 PM
since DH & i have been together, we've always spent boxing day at someone elses house - usually parents/in laws, but sometimes one of DHs siblings, so no tradition at all! one year we might have a full christmas dinner , another year bangers & mash !!! last year MIL cooked ribs.

BUT since we moved, SADLY ;) we won't be going to visit ANY family on boxing day :clapping: we are planning to get up late, have a big brunch, go for a nice walk and have a 'picnic' tea!

karensmart4
08-12-2011, 06:41 PM
I cook brunch for about 12 - 14 of us and then we walk to our social club 1.5mls and we enjoy a family party disco afternoon. :D

silvermist
08-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi, we always have a Christmas dinner on Boxing Day too, There's usually a good houseful then after dinner we all snuggle up and watch a movie(probably the same one we watched last year, and the year before!!) Later in the evening we have a buffett tea then play silly games. Love it!:clapping:

singingcactus
08-12-2011, 07:33 PM
My little bro and his other half come visit us on boxing day. Usually stop the night and wander off at some point the next day. Don't know when it became the norm, but we've been doing it this way for years.

I love my little bro, and all my boys love him, so it just makes christmas for us.

Another little habit we have is to insult my big bro, cos he's the grinch :). He did make the effort one year and came over for christmas day....we discovered playing the grinch is definitely more his style, it was a nightmare for everyone involved lol (not in a family fall out way but in a oh my goddess we are all out of our depths here sort of way).

Seems boxing day is more about extended family looking at other peoples days too. I like that :)

Velleity
08-12-2011, 07:37 PM
We have to go to Mother in Law's house on Boxing Day each year :panic:

FussyElmo
08-12-2011, 07:48 PM
No not really - FIL usually likes to grace us with his presence but dh will be going work so I have put a stop to that :laughing:

Me and the children will just chill, play and eat lots and lots of rubbish :)

Chimps Childminding
08-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Not much, its my day to recover from Christmas day!!! No cooking except maybe chips to go with left over turkey/gammon or whatever!!! I actually enjoy boxing day more than Christmas day :blush:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
08-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Not much, its my day to recover from Christmas day!!! No cooking except maybe chips to go with left over turkey/gammon or whatever!!! I actually enjoy boxing day more than Christmas day :blush:

I love boxing day more than christmas day as well as we stay at home and not do anything and it is just bliss :clapping: :clapping:

miss mopple
08-12-2011, 09:52 PM
We go shopping :D

We always have our christmas dinner on christmas eve, our boxing day lunch on christmas day (cold meat and salad), and by boxing day I am going stir crazy so we hit the shops :thumbsup:

Toothfairy
09-12-2011, 07:31 AM
We go shopping :D

We always have our christmas dinner on christmas eve, our boxing day lunch on christmas day (cold meat and salad), and by boxing day I am going stir crazy so we hit the shops :thumbsup:

Ooooh I like that idea :thumbsup:

Tink
09-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Boxing Day will be spent playing with all DD's new toys. Were having Christmas morning here then going to my mum and Dad's for Christmas lunch, where DD will open all her presents from my Mum and Dad, so on Boxing day DD will probably still be opening her presents on the last count she had 65 presents:thumbsup:

christine e
09-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Boxing Day is always a trip to my sister's in Norfolk, we have another Xmas dinner, the kids all now grown up go off the the pub in the afternoon and then we play board games we stay the night (about 12 of us all together) then next day a walk along the sea front at Hunstanton and fish and chips

Cx