PDA

View Full Version : YOUR TURKEY.....

angeldelight
07-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Do you have a frozen one?

Or a fresh one?

Do you have a whole Turkey?

Or a crown?

Do you have something other than Turkey?

Angel xxx

Cammie Doodle
07-12-2011, 12:03 PM
We are having boned and rolled turkey breast, its in the freezer after being delivered from Scotland lol . We also have beef
June and Carolyn

LOOPYLISA
07-12-2011, 12:07 PM
We are having 4 bird roast , had it last yr yummy x

Tinglesnark
07-12-2011, 12:08 PM
We are always at my mums and she always does 2 huge turkeys, a ham and a leg of lamb. It is crazy the amount of meat she cooks! She doesnt use the timer either so its always overdone and it takes HOURS AND HOURS! We never get lunch, always very late dinner! Worst of all is that she wont sit down AT ALL and stands sentry in the kitchen and expects me to do the same so i dont get to eat chocolate and play with the boys. This year i persuaded her to go to the local hotel!

:clapping:

jelly15
07-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Boned and rolled. I am hungry thinking about it.

RainbowMum
07-12-2011, 12:24 PM
We get a local, organic turkey as part of hubby's christmas box :)
Last year i did the Nigella method of brining it and it was the best ever! Hope to do it again this year as long as the weathers cold enough (its too big to go in fridge in a tub of water lol)
:D

singingcactus
07-12-2011, 12:54 PM
We do something else. :)

macjade01
07-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Whole turkey, cooked through the night so i can wake up to the smell of turkey in the morning mmmmmmhhhhhh x:) and a joint of beef and a joint of gammon x

Bananabrain
07-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Hubs, son and cat having chicken.
I am probably having something involving lentils:clapping:

The Juggler
07-12-2011, 02:34 PM
we are having a free range, golden turkey (tesco finest) frozen. it'll be delivered on Thurs just in time to be defrosted for xmas day. I've no room to store a fresh one in my fridge as I like to get a big one. Only 4 adults but have to get a big one don't you :laughing: it's xmas

Velleity
07-12-2011, 02:42 PM
I just ordered an Organic Turkey to pick up from M&S on the Friday before :)

francinejayne
07-12-2011, 02:43 PM
I always used to buy a free range organic turkey from M&S, and it used to cost me in excess of £60!!!

Last year we just couldn't afford it so I bought a frozen turkey crown which is stuffed and covered in bacon from Aldi, and it was delicious, have bought the same again this year. And it cost me £9.99!!!

LOOPYLISA
07-12-2011, 03:01 PM
I always used to buy a free range organic turkey from M&S, and it used to cost me in excess of £60!!!

Last year we just couldn't afford it so I bought a frozen turkey crown which is stuffed and covered in bacon from Aldi, and it was delicious, have bought the same again this year. And it cost me £9.99!!!

We got the 4 bird roast from Aldi :thumbsup:

solly
07-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Always have a M&S easy carve boneless turkey, but this year DD wants Duck so we are having duck as well, we will also have a gammon and a beef joint over the christmas period.

There is only the 5 of us and DD and DS1 are both working so we will go to the pub for a couple of hours and watch them both work :laughing: ( they wanted to work as they get double time and usually get good tips) then go home and cook the dinner for about 6.30pm.

Toothfairy
07-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Frozen.
We need a really large one so a fresh Turkey is too expensive.
Bought my Turkey last night, £34!!!!!

DH nearly had a Heart Attack at the price:laughing:

JulieA
07-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Turkey Crown fresh from CostCo, plus a gammon joint, and then something made specially for the veggies amongst us too.

VeggieSausage
07-12-2011, 06:00 PM
we are a meat free zone!!

Ripeberry
07-12-2011, 06:12 PM
We are having venison casserole with chestnuts. Very yummy!
But the kids will have a small breast of Turkey with all the trimmings as they think we are cruel and eating 'Bambi' , but it's only the mum :D

(That sounds horrid doesn't it?) :cool:

ajs
07-12-2011, 06:20 PM
I bought a fresh crown today and have frozen it. Morrisons had a 20% staff discount day today so I also bought a joint of beef and a gammon and all have gone in the freezer. We have all the trimmings though

loopyloopy
07-12-2011, 06:27 PM
We are having a bronze

I was talking with the MIL and she said that in Tesco they have turkeys for around £25-30. I said I have left that much for the deposit :eek: Shes quite pleased im paying for it now

Ours is costing £84 for a free range, bees knees of a bird.

So I WILL be getting my moneys work, turkey soup, turkey stew, turkey anything :laughing:

sillysausage
07-12-2011, 06:27 PM
I tend to go for a frozen one unless I know exactly where the turkey is from, and when it was killed. Mainly because I once saw a tv programme that said many of the 'fresh' supermarket turkeys were often killed several weeks in advance because of the demand and so by Christmas the quality of the meat was much lower than a significantly cheaper frozen alternative.

mushpea
07-12-2011, 07:34 PM
refuse to pay the price for turkey plus non of us like it anyway,, we will have chicken and lamb.

charleyfarley
07-12-2011, 07:42 PM
We always have a frozen one unless of course my dad wins us a fresh one in the Christmas draw he enters, then our frozen one stays in the freezer :D

We also have beef and 2 different gammon joints, I'm sure I cook enough for the entire village :laughing: :laughing:

Carol xx