PDA

View Full Version : Parent stalls at school

EmmaReed84
07-12-2011, 07:53 AM
So I gave DS money to spend at the Mum and Dad stall at school yesterday. He comes out looking rather pleased with his little purchases... "Look Mum, I got something in here!"... "Oh wow Cameron, that looks exciting!"... "Yeah it is, it is a present for my Daddy and my Grandma cos I love them!"

Oh... cheers lol.I was a little upset at first and felt like oh, ok then lol. But afterwards I thought it was really nice of him to think of others. DH is really disappointed though, I think because he got a gift and I didnt. Hopefully I get my turn next year lol

wendywu
07-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Its because it was you who gave him the money to spend, you were the provider, he thought that you would not give him money to buy YOU a present.

Mums are the givers of hugs and cuddles and bedtime kisses and treats and money to buy other peoples presents. He thinks you would be proud of him thinking of others and that he loves them.

You have the best gift of all that lovely little man. Happy Christmas :thumbsup: :D

rickysmiths
07-12-2011, 10:06 AM
I know exactly how you feel my son did exactly the same thing when he was about 9 or 10. :laughing: Boys! His sister does his present thinking for him now (he is 17)!

Pipsqueak
07-12-2011, 10:23 AM
I know exactly how you feel my son did exactly the same thing when he was about 9 or 10. :laughing: Boys! His sister does his present thinking for him now (he is 17)!

ahhh now you see, my boys are really thoughtful present buyers.

my 13yr old has been searching for weeks for 'that' present for his dad and he is now getting worried he won't find 'it'.

I have to chivvy Harry a bit for a nice present for his girlfriend though.

but my kids always think about what they are getting me and come up with some really lovely things. (mind you two years ago they got me a smashing cardy from Primark - they just forgot to check the size... got me an 8 when I was a 14 lol and they done the same for me neighbour when they got her a dressing gown.... got her an 18 when she is a 12 lol!!!)

Agree with Wendy.. its because you were the provider! lol

EmmaReed84
07-12-2011, 10:28 AM
I have to admit I was sort of proud of his comments about why he got grandma a present. He did say afterwards I could give him more money and he could get me one, but the stall was only Monday and Tuesday... He is only 6 I have many more years of parent stalls lol.

He is such a little sweetie, he got a small bit of old strimmer wire and made a circle, found a snail shell and cleaned it, made a hole and threaded it on the wire and gave it to me saying "Mum I am your very own snail bracelet" I was crying with laughter, it is one my dressing table and when I go out he hands it to me telling me to wear it

Pipsqueak
07-12-2011, 10:38 AM
I have to admit I was sort of proud of his comments about why he got grandma a present. He did say afterwards I could give him more money and he could get me one, but the stall was only Monday and Tuesday... He is only 6 I have many more years of parent stalls lol.

He is such a little sweetie, he got a small bit of old strimmer wire and made a circle, found a snail shell and cleaned it, made a hole and threaded it on the wire and gave it to me saying "Mum I am your very own snail bracelet" I was crying with laughter, it is one my dressing table and when I go out he hands it to me telling me to wear it

awwww how cute.....:clapping: