PDA

View Full Version : Not heard anything back..

Demonjill
06-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Hiya i filled out form online few weeks back registering myself as self employed. As yet not heard anything back - should i have ????
Not even had a confirmation email to say received info or anything?

Am i being silly here or what? Just i dont want a fine as thats 6 weeks ive been minding now and only get 3 months to declare?

Also how do i go about paying National insurance? when i phone newly self employed helpline im left holding for ages or the call just cuts off !!Aggghhhh please help:(

Penny1959
07-12-2011, 12:04 AM
I did not hear anything from them - until I got my first National Insurance bill (which they send to you in the post)

And then nothing until I got end of year tax form.

If you want to check you could phone them and just ask them if you are on the system - it is not being silling - it is being professional and business like.

Penny :)

MrAnchovy
07-12-2011, 02:12 PM
I would normally say wait until it is 6 weeks from submitting the form before chasing it up because it can take this long, but I believe you should have had an automatic confirmation email when you submitted the form.

Once they have processed your registration they will send you a direct debit form for paying NI: this is now collected 6-monthly on 31 January and 31 July.

The three month rule no longer exists, you are supposed to tell them straight away, but if you persevere on the help line or just resubmit the form now (and keep the email confirmation to prove it) there shouldn't be any problem.