PDA

View Full Version : One afternoon a week?

Carolh
06-12-2011, 02:14 PM
I wondered if you could give me some advice. I am in the process of registering and have a two mum's who have enquired if (when I am registered) I could look after their child after school for just one day a week. I wonder if it would be ok to tell them that I would need a minimum of two days a week. I am worried if I take two children that only want one day a week each it will take up two places? What do you think? Also in the school holidays would you charge the same amount per hour that you would for term time after school?

miffy
06-12-2011, 02:33 PM
I have a child who only comes one day a week after school - I only do this because I have the younger sibling two full days a week and both of them for two full days a week in the holidays.

Much depends on whether work is scarce where you are or not, whether you think it might lead to more work (often easier to get work once you're working) and whether you think it will be financially worthwhile for you. You could say you have a minimum number of hours that you charge for and see what they say.

Miffy xx

Carolh
06-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Thank you miffy, I am in a full time job at the moment and will hand my notice in when I have my Ofsted visit and know that I am on the way to being registered, so I am trying to get some work lined up. I think I might tell them that I need a minimum of 2 days a week. Its a bit nerve racking giving up a steady job but childminding is something I have wanted to do for ages and think I will just have to take the plunge and go for it and as you say its probably easier to get more work when you have work already.