PDA

View Full Version : NCMA accident folder

nipper
06-12-2011, 12:17 PM
I've just noticed when coming to complete my first accident form that on the other side of each child's divider are spaces for parents to sign if they agree to their child receiving emergency medical treatment. Do I have to get parents to sign this even if they have signed my own first aid/emergency medical treatment permission slip? Is it really necessary to get them to do everything twice or can I just staple in a copy of the form that they have already signed?

rickysmiths
06-12-2011, 12:23 PM
When I got the new folder I did just ask my parents to sign it. I did it over a few evenings,just had it on the table by the door and opened it at the right page for them to sign.

Thank you for reminding me, had a new parent sign yesterday and forgot to ask them to sign that!

nipper
06-12-2011, 12:26 PM
While I'm on the subject what does everyone use in the way of cold compresses. With my own kids I would use a bag of peas/sweetcorn but what about mindees?

rickysmiths
06-12-2011, 12:32 PM
I use them depending on the injury but wrap them in a tea towel before using. I also have a couple cold gel pads which I keep in the fridge. I think I got them in the baby section in Tesco one is shaped like Winnie the Pooh. A chemist would prob have them as well.

nipper
06-12-2011, 12:36 PM
I have some of those too, but was thinking for injuries like a strained/sprained ankle. Mindee slid off the sofa, between sofa and foot stool and landed awkwardly on ankle, so I put one of the wrap around gel pads in a fabric sleeve on it until he decided he didn't like it. Didn't half cry and lovely little bruise below his ankle bone.

rickysmiths
06-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Ouch! :panic:

cockatoos
06-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Oo I had exactly the same question! I think that the ncma documentation repeats itself a lot. I have a bit for each eyfs children as they have had accidents etc but haven't yet needed to do anything for the older ones so haven't yet got a divider for them yet - should I just wait until they need to have accident form done or do one for each? Sorry seems like a stupid question.

Amy

rickysmiths
06-12-2011, 08:28 PM
I have a divider for each child in my care whether or not they have had an accident or needed any medication.

nipper
06-12-2011, 09:23 PM
I also have one for each (as of today)

EmmaReed84
06-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I've just noticed when coming to complete my first accident form that on the other side of each child's divider are spaces for parents to sign if they agree to their child receiving emergency medical treatment. Do I have to get parents to sign this even if they have signed my own first aid/emergency medical treatment permission slip? Is it really necessary to get them to do everything twice or can I just staple in a copy of the form that they have already signed?

I personally would, Mrs O really went to town about how I was putting the child in grave danger by not having this signed, even though I had other permissions to this affect signed and filed. Better to get it signed and not need it, then to not have it signed and get the same lecture I did.

cockatoos
06-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Thank you - I'll get it sorted.
Amy

nipper
07-12-2011, 06:11 PM
I thought as much...thanks for the advice!

Polly2
07-12-2011, 06:27 PM
I have a divider for each child in my care whether or not they have had an accident or needed any medication.

Now why didn't I think of that :) Great idea! thanks

loocyloo
07-12-2011, 07:29 PM
i have transferred all the dividers into a big lever arch folder and have a section for each family. the front 'page' ( and reverse ) has details for each child, and signed for, then each individul child has his/her own accident/medication etc sheet in that section. i also put in copies of my permission sheets and first aid permission forms, just to ensure i am covered!

LittleBuds
17-12-2011, 10:35 PM
I must say after receiving all the NCMA paperwork and filling it all in with my first mindee, I was a little disappointed in how it didnt really "flow" or go together very well (given the same company has written them). Permissions and sign off's here there and everywhere. Hope it turns out I have enough signatures on the right lines when it comes to my first inspection in a few months time.

How much time do you allocate for the paperwork side of things for your new mindees? What do you give to them before hand if anything? I spent 2 hours with my new mum going through everything, really hope its because I'm new at this!

Thanks A.