PDA

View Full Version : My new hobby...collecting RAs

Lems
03-12-2011, 10:21 PM
:) I do my daily/monthly/'big' RA on a paper tick system. Therefore inevitably I have generated a collection of completed past RA :o . Is there another way of doing this? I've thought of spreadsheet but would need hard copies to show evidence, wouldnt I? How do you all do yours? And how far back do I need to keep old RAs??
TIA
Lx

Penny1959
03-12-2011, 11:28 PM
My Ra's are not of tick list type - nor do I have lots of seperate sheets.

I do have a annual RA that I fill in that covers house and garden - and I do fill it in more than once a year if the need arises. So done 3 in 20 months of childminding.

The rest of my RA's are just a list of things I check - in my head. If I find a risk to the children in my care on that day I record this in my diary - and what I did about it.

Works for me - Mrs. P like it as highlight in my diary - so easy to see when have risk assessed - and what did about the risk.

Penny :)

sarah707
04-12-2011, 08:40 AM
I review and update my risk assessments every year and print the new versions (if there are any changes) keeping the old files backed up on my computer.

I store my daily RA check lists in a file with my other daily checks and keep them for about 6 months after the date on the top.

I think the most important thing, however you organise it, is that you have a clear and easy to understand system that you can explain.

Hth :D

miffy
04-12-2011, 08:53 AM
I have all my ra's in a file - I review them annually - I only print new versions if I have to make a major change, otherwise I just sign at the bottom to say I've reviewed it and then add another review date. Through the year I keep a note of anything that affected my ra or poses a new risk.

I don't do a daily tick list - I have a sheet with everything I check on a daily basis but I don't sign to say I've done it (waste of time imho) - I do make a note if anything is different and what I did about it.

Miffy xx