PDA

View Full Version : Lost Child Policy

Carol
01-12-2011, 10:00 PM
My childminder co-ordinator had a look at my policies last month and said all were good except that I hadnt put a time down as to when I would contact the police if a child was missing. Also a time if a child goes missing in my home! None of the other childminders in my area have been told this.
Some one please help!!!!:(

Carol

boxtree7
02-12-2011, 07:26 AM
I had this on my policy for years now i have phone police once situation becomes worrying - also i have included intergrated children's service, ofsted, police numbers.

miffy
02-12-2011, 07:38 AM
My policy does not specify a time but it does say parents will be contacted after the initial search if the child is not found and also police.

I don't see the point in putting a time as when you call in parents/police etc might vary depending on where/when the child goes missing.

Miffy xx

sarah707
02-12-2011, 08:03 AM
I do not specify a time as such I simply say that the procedure goes...

make sure all chidlren are safe

look for the child

depending on location ask others to help look for the child

make every effort to contact police if the child is not found

make every effort to contact child's parents

A wise woman told me it is important to say 'make every effort' because there might be a situation when you are out and do not have a signal or the police do not answer the phone or you drop your phone in your panic etc...

Hth :D

PixiePetal
02-12-2011, 08:23 AM
I do not specify a time as such I simply say that the procedure goes...

make sure all chidlren are safe

look for the child

depending on location ask others to help look for the child

make every effort to contact police if the child is not found

make every effort to contact child's parents

A wise woman told me it is important to say 'make every effort' because there might be a situation when you are out and do not have a signal or the police do not answer the phone or you drop your phone in your panic etc...

Hth :D

mine is similar - might add the 'make every effort' phrase - makes sense, as phone signals can be a bit erratic. Thanks for the tip

QualityCare
02-12-2011, 12:47 PM
mine is similar - might add the 'make every effort' phrase - makes sense, as phone signals can be a bit erratic. Thanks for the tip

Mine is the similar (with out the make every effort, will add that) l was told to list the things in order they would be done, search, inform security if there is some, inform police, inform parents, inform ofsted.

Carol
02-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks for all your advice. I will be seeing my co-ordinator on Monday and show her my new wordings will see what she has to say! Every situation is different so a timescale can't be the same!

Carol
05-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Got it sorted. As I had the word 'immediately' search for the child I was covered.

So thanks for your advice

Carol

miffy
05-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Got it sorted. As I had the word 'immediately' search for the child I was covered.

So thanks for your advice

Carol

Thanks for the feedback!

Miffy xx