PDA

View Full Version : i am officially a rubbish mum

WibbleWobble
30-11-2011, 05:45 PM
because i havent bought katie an advent calendar......

she will have to go to the shop and get one for herself.....

bad bad bad mummy:ohdear:

singlewiththree
30-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Can she not make one?

We made paper chain ones today where they take off a hoop every day and on the 25th get to eat the reindeers chocolate coin

keeks
30-11-2011, 05:47 PM
I think December has crept up on all of us! What on earth happened to November? And October for that matter??? :eek:

She might prefer to choose her own anyway. :)

xx

WibbleWobble
30-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Can she not make one?

We made paper chain ones today where they take off a hoop every day and on the 25th get to eat the reindeers chocolate coin

she is 19 and is autistic......she just wants the flippin chocolate:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(and she has diabetes which is one of the reasons i havent got her one- and the fact i forgot!!

she has just offered to go to the shop for some milk.........:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

singingcactus
30-11-2011, 05:59 PM
That's shocking mum!!! Tut. :laughing: You can have one of ours cos..for some really wierd reason I have 6 shop bought ones and 3 chocholics ones....I only have 3 kids and hubby is still deployed, and I am FAT so don't want the choccies. Don't know what was going on in my head when I ordered them all, I blame tesco.com so easy to click on the things.

rosebud
30-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Oh :censored: I forgot too!

EmmaReed84
30-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Had our siince September lol... Do you have any idea how hard it is knowing there is chocolate in the house you are not allowed to eat... Especially at THAT time! lol

WibbleWobble
30-11-2011, 06:04 PM
she has just come in giggling.....she has a mars bar one!!!!

now she is a happy girl

and i am in the dog house.....but i think she will forgive me as i coughed up £2 for it!

sarah707
30-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I bought them ages ago... I wonder where I put them? :rolleyes:

Naughty mummy :laughing: xx

rickysmiths
30-11-2011, 06:49 PM
I posted one to dd who is at Uni but it only went in the post today so she won't get it for 1/12/11 :blush:
Hope it gets to her before I do on Sat morning :laughing:

charleyfarley
30-11-2011, 07:10 PM
At least she's got one ready for tomorrow :thumbsup:

And thank you for this thread otherwise I would have forgotten to give my 2 theirs :D

Carol xx

mushpea
30-11-2011, 07:11 PM
about 4 years ago I made a cross stitch calenda, it has penguins all along it and has pockets for the choccys for each day, only trouble is each year I foget where i put the dam thing and can never find it then when christmas has finished I always find it!!!! its so blooming annoying
anway my two bought theirs at the weekend so they will be happy.
I used to do one for the mindees but not anymore as I am sure they all have their own.

Chimps Childminding
30-11-2011, 07:43 PM
I bought my sons and their gf's a cadbury one each! And the girlfriend of my son who is in Australia came to see me yesterday and I gave her hers!! She was chuffed to bits she hasn't had an advent calendar since she was 12 (she is 20)! I always buy my sons one even though they are 19 and 20 (one son took his back to Uni the other week-end - though of course he may have eaten it on the train :rolleyes: )

DH thinks I'm mad!!! Especially when I told him I was wrapping up the son who is in Australia's christmas presents (sent some small ones over) and putting them in his room complete with Christmas tree for when he gets back in April!!! :)

Louise317
30-11-2011, 08:10 PM
thinks I'm mad!!! Especially when I told him I was wrapping up the son who is in Australia's christmas presents (sent some small ones over) and putting them in his room complete with Christmas tree for when he gets back in April!!! :)

That is really lovely :)

Louise317
30-11-2011, 08:12 PM
I bought them ages ago... I wonder where I put them? :rolleyes:

Naughty mummy :laughing: xx

Not sure where my ones are hidden... DS 5 been saying all week Thursday is 1st December so I best find them before I go to bed :) x

EmmaReed84
30-11-2011, 08:21 PM
DH just bought me a Mars advent calendar and DS was asking what it was (6 years old) he knows full well what it is and who it is for and then causally says "Well tomorrow mum I can help you if you like" erm let me think about that... NO! lol

keeks
30-11-2011, 08:27 PM
I bought the cutest one ages ago, and even remembered to get some chocolates and little treats the other day. I will use it for my boys before mindees arrive, then will use for mindee. Parents are delighted, I thought some might not want their children to have chocolate, but they are all really happy.

I love this calendar, I hope it will be with us for many, many years.

xx

Loushah
30-11-2011, 09:04 PM
you have just reminded me so sending hubby out to tesco's to get one now :)

PixiePetal
30-11-2011, 09:24 PM
I bought my 15 yr old DS one for his birthday in Nov - along with other presents :laughing: :rolleyes:

DD went shopping with DH at the weekend and came back with 2 for themselves which just leaves me without one. I will have to make do with being the giver of treats when I help the dog open hers :laughing: :blush: :laughing:

josiebumpkin
30-11-2011, 10:04 PM
love the idea for a paper chain one as time is such a hard concept for littlies to grasp

The Juggler
30-11-2011, 10:47 PM
tut tut mummy parsley :p

samb
02-12-2011, 12:47 AM
My kids have managed to end up with 3 each and that's without me buying one! :blush:

My hubby bought them one each in october and my mum visited and bought them one each. My Granddad rang me yesterday to ask if we could pop in and yes he had got them one each as well!

As for mindees, I have printed one off netmums - it is a nativity scene and each bit has a number on. When it is that day you colour in that part of the picture so by xmas it will all be coloured. I think it's a lovely idea. My dd (6) said "but there's no point if there's no chocolate!" :rolleyes:

Chimps Childminding
02-12-2011, 09:01 AM
My kids have managed to end up with 3 each and that's without me buying one! :blush:

My hubby bought them one each in october and my mum visited and bought them one each. My Granddad rang me yesterday to ask if we could pop in and yes he had got them one each as well!

As for mindees, I have printed one off netmums - it is a nativity scene and each bit has a number on. When it is that day you colour in that part of the picture so by xmas it will all be coloured. I think it's a lovely idea. My dd (6) said "but there's no point if there's no chocolate!" :rolleyes:

Thats a lovely idea, do you have a link to it?? I had so many arguments (from the schoolies) about who'se turn it was to oepn a window or stick a bauble up the last few years I admit I haven't bothered with one this year, but this looks a great idea!

ajs
02-12-2011, 09:41 AM
I posted one to dd who is at Uni but it only went in the post today so she won't get it for 1/12/11 :blush:
Hope it gets to her before I do on Sat morning :laughing:

I bought one for sam his first year but forgot this year, he texted me late on the 30 th asking where it was.

I didn't buy any for any of mine not because. Forgot but because one is at uni,one on slimming world and one eats enough chocolate for all of us so I didn't think I'd bother