PDA

View Full Version : Claiming Expenses

afsha1810
30-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi everyone,

Went to the doctors today to get my Health declaration form completed, OMG he is charging me £120 :eek:

Can anyone tell me once I am registered and working can I claim this as part of my expenses?

Thanks

Afsha

green puppy
30-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Yes you can put it through as start up costs, just get a receipt. That is a ridiculous amount to charge, do they know it's just a case of ticking a few boxes and signing? I paid £25 for mine, I know others have paid more though. I would try and get them to lower the price. If you search old threads about it I think somebody said they can only charge upto a maximum as set by the medical council or something, may be worth a check on their web site too.

candy cat
30-11-2011, 01:51 PM
bloomin heck mine was £85 and i thought that was robbery especially as my friend paid £25 :angry:

I did a 'starting up costs' spread sheet and it helped keep a track on costs...soon mount up:)

green puppy
30-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Print this out and take a copy to the Dr, still alot mind you!!!
http://www.bma.org.uk/employmentandcontracts/fees/mafees.jsp?page=7

afsha1810
30-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Hi

I couldn't believe it when he said that, 2 other CMs I know paid £20 and £30.

Doc said he needs to do a full medical check I explained to him it states on the form an examination is not required and to use the info in my records. I would understand if I had any medical problems but I am not on any medication for anything, I think its just daylight robbery.

The receptionist was really nice she said if she could do it she would and not even charge, she advised me to see the lady doctor so I have an appointment on Monday to speak with her, hopefully she might be able to bring the price down, if not I'm just gonna have to pay as I really want to be a registered CM.

Thanks green poppy I will print off and take with me on Monday.

Afsha

helengreen13
30-11-2011, 07:47 PM
When I went I too was quoted £120, so I reluctantly wrote out the cheque and left it with the surgery. I was really surprised two days later when the Doctor rang and said "thats alot of money to pay so I will do it for you privately for £10". He ripped up the cheque and asked me to pop in with a £10. Its worked out well as I then childminded his son for about a year until he went to the local nursery.

Could you not ask your Doctor to do it privately for Cash in Hand :rolleyes: - if you dont ask you wont know and the worst he can say is NO.
Helen
x

afsha1810
30-11-2011, 08:43 PM
When I went I too was quoted £120, so I reluctantly wrote out the cheque and left it with the surgery. I was really surprised two days later when the Doctor rang and said "thats alot of money to pay so I will do it for you privately for £10". He ripped up the cheque and asked me to pop in with a £10. Its worked out well as I then childminded his son for about a year until he went to the local nursery.

Could you not ask your Doctor to do it privately for Cash in Hand :rolleyes: - if you dont ask you wont know and the worst he can say is NO.
Helen
x

Thanks Helen I might just try that x :)

I don't think he realises its just a matter of ticking boxes :rolleyes: