PDA

View Full Version : Where to keep paperwork

LittleVoice
27-11-2011, 03:07 PM
I think i've read somewhere that you need to keep paperwork such as contracts, all about me info and personal info about children in a locked cupboard, is this the case or can i keep it stored on a shelf in a cupboard on top of the stairs which is out of reach of children and away from parents too or does it have to be in a locked cupboard?

rickysmiths
27-11-2011, 04:07 PM
It is supposed to be kept away from easy access from your family and friends as well. I bought a tin file box from Partners which sits on the table in my kitchen but I can lock it:thumbsup:

sarah707
27-11-2011, 04:17 PM
We put a lock on a wooden bureau and store it all in there :D

Sweetpea
27-11-2011, 07:52 PM
What does it include:

I imagine
- Contracts
- All about me forms
- Child Records

BUT does it include
- Observations
- Learning journeys
????

Clarification would be great as I've not got a lot of room in my lockable box

Thanks

Sweetpea x

sharonmanc
27-11-2011, 08:13 PM
I bought a mini lockable filing cabinet from staples, not started minding yet, but it keeps all my childmindign paperwork away form my own kiddies at the moment

stardust
27-11-2011, 08:23 PM
I have a 2 drawer filing cabinate the top drawer is my families stuff, bills, letters, photos ect and the bottom drawer containing a file per family including a learning diary, contracts, signed policies, any correspondence between me and the parent, all about me form, permissions, medication forms, obs ect. I also have files for 'ofsted', 'tax' , enhanced provision, training ect

scoobydoo1
30-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I think i've read somewhere that you need to keep paperwork such as contracts, all about me info and personal info about children in a locked cupboard, is this the case or can i keep it stored on a shelf in a cupboard on top of the stairs which is out of reach of children and away from parents too or does it have to be in a locked cupboard?

Hi, I am a newbee too, just waiting to get house & garden sorted. I got my brother in law to build cupboard and shelves in the alcove and the cupbaord doors can be locked which I will keep all the files in there and also the paint. When I was on the course they said all the childrens files are to be kept somewhere locked.