PDA

View Full Version : Friday 2nd Dec...First inspection... Eeeek!!!

EmmaReed84
25-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Just had call today from Mrs O. My very first inspection is Friday and I am bricking it, more than when I did my driving test! :eek:

Quick, any tips? :D

sarah707
25-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Smile a lot and pretend you know exactly what you are doing... that got me through mine :laughing: :laughing:

You'll be fine! It's scarier anticipating the visit once they arrive the time flies and you wonder where it went.

Have you got the paperwork under control? If so just play the day away :D

EmmaReed84
25-11-2011, 05:54 PM
I have a large lever arch file for my portfolio, including info about partnership with parents, a parent pack with info for them and my policies, car ins doc etc. I have my ins and reg docs laminated and on the wall along with my first aid cert. I have another folder for my RA's including maintenance sheets, toilet check sheet, cleaning sheet. I also have a metal lock box with the childrens files and scrapbooks with pictures... Hope I haven't missed anything!

breezy
25-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Sounds like you're ready, make sure you know safeguarding, it's the main thing round here, other than that relax, the thought of it is worse than the inspection :thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
25-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Sounds like you're ready, make sure you know safeguarding, it's the main thing round here, other than that relax, the thought of it is worse than the inspection :thumbsup:

It is round here too. I had the gas man come today to read my meter and I asked him to sign in, he laughed and said "childminder?" So I guess he has had it a few times. I have done a fire drill, but need to repeat it as one child refused to leave the house so we are re-visiting that. I also have my door locked all the time with a key on a hook next to the door. We always talk about stranger danger where ever we go and always talk about road safety when ever we are out... It is all written in my RA's so hopefully she will see all that. She sounded very pleasant on the phone and we even had a laugh so fingers crossed lol

breezy
25-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Sounds like you're really well prepared :clapping:
where are you in Essex?

EmmaReed84
25-11-2011, 07:29 PM
where are you in Essex?

Stanford-Le-Hope near Basildon. Are you from Essex too?

breezy
25-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Yes Waltham Abbey in west Essex, family all in Southend !!! Good to see another Essex bird here :clapping:

EmmaReed84
25-11-2011, 07:36 PM
lol @ essex bird... Just posing as an Essex bird, I am originally from Sunny Scunny (Scunthorpe).

I love going to Southend, I have lived here 7 years and still have not been to the air show :(

breezy
25-11-2011, 07:43 PM
We nearly always go to the airshow, it's a great day out especially if the weathers good!
If you get some white stilettos and a tangoed tan you can be an honoury Essex bird:laughing:

EmmaReed84
25-11-2011, 08:04 PM
lol funny you should say that. That sounds like 3 of my husbands cousins... Dont forget the fake eye lashes. My husband always takes the mickey out of them saying "Can I borrow a paaand" They are really lovely though... remind me of 2 shoes... They could be 3 shoes :laughing: ... Oh I crack myself up...

miffy
29-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Good luck for Friday, Emma - hope everything goes well for you

Miffy xx