PDA

View Full Version : Cinnamon DOugh

BuggsieMoo
24-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Please can anybody advise how I can make cinnamon dough - I have some decs made from this but they are brown and I only know how to make white salt dough

Thank you!

The Juggler
24-11-2011, 06:47 PM
i nearly always flavour my playdough with cinammon - I love the smell. Do you want them brown?

we usually use white salt dough but then once they are dried we just paint them or paint and glitter them :thumbsup: i guess you could use wholemeal flour?

karensmart4
24-11-2011, 08:05 PM
We did these last year;

* Half a cup of apple sauce
* 3/4 of a cup of cinnamon
* 3 tbsp of pva glue
* extra cinnamon

Combine the glue and ground cinnamon in a bowl.Add the apple sauce stirring constantly until you have a stiff dough, you may not need all of the apple sauce.

Tip the dough out onto a table or board and knead for 5 mins until firm.

Let it rest for 30mins at room temp.

Lay waxed paper onto the table, dust rolling pin and paper with cinnamon and roll dough out to a thickness of appx 1/8th inch.

Cut with cookie cutters or freehand.

Poke a hole in the top with a straw if you want to use them as hanging decorations.

Leave to dry for between 48hrs and a week, turning over every day through the drying process.

They smell wonderful and even the little children can roll and cut out with just a little bit of help.

We cut out Bells, Stars, Christmas Trees and Reindeer and threaded them with silver cord, the parents were very impressed as it's something a bit different from the norm.

I can't remember where I got this from, it could well have been on here :thumbsup:

Dragonfly
24-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Done this last year, bit of trial and error getting the right pliable doughy mixture but excellent.still have a heart hanging up studded around the edge of it is cloves!.Hung one on a few presents with the gift tags (hearts, stars etc):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

karensmart4
24-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Done this last year, bit of trial and error getting the right pliable doughy mixture but excellent.still have a heart hanging up studded around the edge of it is cloves!.Hung one on a few presents with the gift tags (hearts, stars etc):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's a great idea, I think I might pinch that for this year :thumbsup:

Twinkles
24-11-2011, 09:08 PM
That's a great idea, I think I might pinch that for this year :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing !

I might do a string of them studded with cloves to hang up as pomanders too.

karensmart4
24-11-2011, 09:33 PM
I was thinking the same thing !

I might do a string of them studded with cloves to hang up as pomanders too.

Oooo another good idea :thumbsup:

Dragonfly
24-11-2011, 09:34 PM
They smell so lovely.

Zoomie
24-11-2011, 09:39 PM
We did these last year;

* Half a cup of apple sauce
* 3/4 of a cup of cinnamon
* 3 tbsp of pva glue
* extra cinnamon

Combine the glue and ground cinnamon in a bowl.Add the apple sauce stirring constantly until you have a stiff dough, you may not need all of the apple sauce.

Tip the dough out onto a table or board and knead for 5 mins until firm.

Let it rest for 30mins at room temp.

Lay waxed paper onto the table, dust rolling pin and paper with cinnamon and roll dough out to a thickness of appx 1/8th inch.

Cut with cookie cutters or freehand.

Poke a hole in the top with a straw if you want to use them as hanging decorations.

Leave to dry for between 48hrs and a week, turning over every day through the drying process.

They smell wonderful and even the little children can roll and cut out with just a little bit of help.

We cut out Bells, Stars, Christmas Trees and Reindeer and threaded them with silver cord, the parents were very impressed as it's something a bit different from the norm.

I can't remember where I got this from, it could well have been on here :thumbsup:

No flour in the recipe ?, and 3/4 cup of cinnamon. Sounds expensive, where did you buy the cinnamon ?

karensmart4
24-11-2011, 09:46 PM
No flour in the recipe ?, and 3/4 cup of cinnamon. Sounds expensive, where did you buy the cinnamon ?

I bought the Cinnamon in a local supermarket 3 quarters of a cup is only about 2 pots, so not that expensive.

No flour as there's no cooking.

The recipe sounds a bit strange but honestly it does work :)

Dragonfly
25-11-2011, 06:35 AM
Yes it does work, and i still have what I made nearly a year ago :)