PDA

View Full Version : Help needed. Check list anyone?

sunview_cm
22-11-2011, 07:17 PM
I seem to have got myself in a bit of a muddle! and feel all confused now. Does anyone have a check list of everything I need to of done for when the inspector comes on my pre reg inspection. I've wrote some policies and re wrote them. Hubby's got long list of jobs to do. I just feel I'm going round in circles at mo and a simple list I could tick off would be great. I worried I'm going to get that phone call from the inspector and not be ready.
Thanks for any advice in advance.
Emma x

claire250182
22-11-2011, 07:57 PM
I had my pre reg this morning. My portfolio is almost finished, I have done all my policies but she didnt ask to see those. You will need to do a risk assessment for all minding rooms and garden. Familiarise yourself with the EYFS framework as she may ask you questions on this (I was unlucky and got asked around 30 questions this morning). I would advise you anyway to finish your p+ps. I think the more paperwork you do the better as this will impress them i.e permission forms. Complete the pre registration questionaire off the Ofsted website as that helped me loads and she asked me questions out of that also xx

sunview_cm
22-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks for your reply. I'm really worried now because my brain doens't seem to want to take in anymore information. Iam struggling to get my head around the eyfs. What kind of questions did she ask?
I have started to fill in that questionaire, will perhaps have another look. I've just worked so hard these past few weeks and seem to have lost my direction a bit. We cover ra's on the course this thursday so am hoping to get some pointers from that.
Why do the inspectors have to be soo scary!? Why can't they just be nice and help you!?
x

claire250182
22-11-2011, 11:45 PM
You might be lucky and get a nice one. I was just unlucky I think.
She asked me so many questions I can't remember half of them as I was so nervous. xx

pinky21
25-11-2011, 02:23 PM
I had my visit this morning and she wasn't scary anything but she was really nice and helpful i had missed a few bits of paperwork out and she helped sort them. it was more of a chat and any questions i had. She went away happy with everything i said. :jump for joy:
Just relax and be yourself and everything will be fine

craftygirl
29-11-2011, 01:51 PM
You can refer to your answers in pre-reg book if you get stuck :)