PDA

View Full Version : My own Childcare costs

kittyzcool
22-11-2011, 04:54 PM
I have to put my son into lunch club to enable me to do other pre school and nursery pick ups. Does anyone know if I can claim this as an expense in my accounts?

aly
22-11-2011, 06:42 PM
yes you can.

but wouldnt you still have to class him in your numbers thus makign you over your numbers?

kittyzcool
22-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Thanks Aly

I wouldn't be over my numbers its just that I pick up 1 mindee from a different nursery with the same finishing time as my sons and another which finishes inbetween the first mindee and the end of my sons lunch club - its the age old problem of not being able to be in two places at the same time!

I'm glad I can claim for this as if it wasn't for these awkward pick up times I wouldn't put him in lunch club.

Thanks for your help

MrAnchovy
22-11-2011, 11:29 PM
No you cannot claim this as an expense. You can only claim costs directly relating to the children you are paid to look after.

kittyzcool
23-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Surely this is a cost relating to them as I wouldn't be able to pick them up without this cost - in the same way I wouldn't be able to pick them up without the cost of petrol in the car???

aly
23-11-2011, 12:31 PM
sorry i think i got mixed up...you can claim this THROUGH tax credits {i think} rather than your own exoenses.....check with hmrc as it is classed as childcare......it depends though if it falls in the catergory they agree with.

sorry for confusion but think Mr A is right, on this one. :cool:

rickysmiths
23-11-2011, 01:37 PM
I thought the only cost relating to the childcare of your own children that you could claim is babysitting fees if you are doing training.

Cammie Doodle
23-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Surely this is a cost relating to them as I wouldn't be able to pick them up without this cost - in the same way I wouldn't be able to pick them up without the cost of petrol in the car???

I dont think you can as its not actually a business expense, you chose to take these kids on IFYSWIM. We could all book kids in elsewhere to allow us to do our jobs, but its not a deductable allowance